Just need some experienced users advice
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
All,
I'm in need to replace my template of my site. It served it's purpose for getting my site up & running, but at the time, my webmaster did not know that it was not "hikashop" compliant (i.e. there's been a LOT of issues with Hikashop that have come back to being template related). I recently installed K2, and well...guess what, template issues AGAIN.
Now, I will preface this with...I'm still a lowly novice. I've learned a lot in the 2.5-3 years since I had to let go of my webmaster & take over my site myself without knowing a SINGLE THING about doing it (a BIG thank you to the support here & over at Joomla!). My old webmaster has offered to help me if needed...but I would like to try & do this myself.
So...I've been searching, and searching, and searching for templates that are designed for Hikashop first & foremost. If they also support K2...it's a bonus! I've found some I really like that are at least designed for Hikashop, one of which is designed for Hikashop & K2 so that's a plus.
I have been told to stay away from Template Monster, as well as a couple other companies, not just by some web designers...but also from people within the software companies I use on my site with very stern warnings of "you will have issues". So I'm staying away from them.
Here is a list of the Companies I'm looking at & the template name I'm looking at from them. Below that list are 3 main questions for you guys that have experience with either the company itself, the template, or more. If you have ANYTHING ELSE to contribute in this matter...I'd love to hear it.
Template links are included...but viewing the template isn't the main thing here or even necessary...I like them all, but am leaning towards 2 on the list. They are in order of most liked first, least liked last.
[strike]Smart Addons - SJ Kampe
[url] www.smartaddons.com/joomla/templates/tem...sive-joomla-template [/url]
JoomlaMan - Creatrix
[url] demo.joomlaman.com/#jm-creatrix [/url]
You!Joomla - Cornershop
[url] www.youjoomla.com/joomla-templates/corne...joomla-template.html [/url]
You!Joomla - Laura
[url] www.youjoomla.com/joomla-templates/laura...op-and-hikashop.html [/url]
Ice Theme - Trendy Shop
[url] www.icetheme.com/themes/it-trendyshop [/url]
[/strike]
My Questions...
#1 - RocketTheme - I was told by a VERY reliable source that RocketTheme templates are really good, so I checked them out. I've found some AMAZING templates that I LOVE...but not a single one is for Hikashop (I don't think they support it at all). I spoke to someone higher up here at Hikashop (will not name names) and they let me know that there have been several display issues using RocketTheme templates, and advised that while he agreed they are amazing templates...not to use them with Hikashop. Can anyone else confirm this?
#2 - Does anyone have any experience with the companies above, especially concerning their support and release of updates for the templates with newer versions of Joomla & Hikashop?
#3 - Does anyone use any of the templates above, and if so, how has it worked for you? Was it easy to setup, features you like and features you wished it had? Just ANY advice you can provide on this one.
Thank you very much for your time!
EDIT 10-18-2015 - I've left the content above, so the responses below still make sense, but I'm no longer looking at those specific templates. I'm now looking at the following (not in any specific order)...
Pending release RCA Theme's Gantry 5 template, which per RCA Theme, will be HikaShop & K2 optimized.
Unknown URL as it is pending release in November
RCATheme - RNShop
demo.rcatheme.com/?template=rnshop#
RCATheme - EasyShop
demo.rcatheme.com/?template=easyshop
RocketTheme - Kraken
demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/kraken/
RocketTheme - Requiem
demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/requiem/
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. You can use them if you want. It's not because others had issues between HikaShop and some RocketTheme templates that you will too. But this means that you need to be prepared to face issues with it. Templates that are said to be compatible with HikaShop usually have less integration issues with HikaShop and HikaShop better integrates visually with them. It doesn't mean that they are all perfect either.
2. and 3. I will let users answer as we are not creating websites on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you very much. I had a VERY respected person within the Jooml community recommend the RocketTheme templates for a highly professional looking site...but with the reports of so many issues with the integration of Hikashop...it sort of makes me highly cautious or even using one (although 2 of them are my MOST favorite ones). Due to my lack of skill & experience...that causes me to be highly hesitant to even attempt to use one.
While I realize the Hikashop "compliant" templates won't be perfect, so many have recommended that I go that route so it would be easier on me trying to handle it myself.
Hopefully others that run ecommerce sites...especially those that use any of the templates I listed, will chime I .
I sincerely appreciate all the help you, Jerome, Xavier, and Mohamed have given me the last 2.5-3 years. Without you guys...I would have given up!
Thank you to you all!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is a call we make to break 4 columns into 2 at a specific width. Then down to 1.
You will need to know how to add a custom css file which they can help you with on the RT forum.
@media only screen and (max-width: 1025px){
.hikashop_product_column_1,.hikashop_product_column_2,.hikashop_product_column_3,.hikashop_product_column_4 {
width:50%!important;}
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
.hikashop_product_column_1,.hikashop_product_column_2,.hikashop_product_column_3,.hikashop_product_column_4 {width:100%!important;}
.sprocket-strips-content {min-height: 200px;}
.hikashop_product_characteristics{ display:block; clear:both;}
.hikashop_product_main_image_subdiv{ float: left; width: 30%!important;}
.hikashop_checkout_login{width:100%;}
select{max-width:100%;}
h4.iconstext{ font-size: 15px; display:block; clear:both;}
.margins{ margin: -10px -10px -10px -20px;}
.bullethide{display:none;}
.mobileBreak{display:block; clear:both; line-height:0.3em;}
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I've been looking at Rocketheme's new Kraken template...but I'm not sure it would be best for me because it's not intended to be used with Hikashop or K2.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Well, thanks for getting back. Please update if you find something out. I will as well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
What I'd love is if Rocket Theme supported Hikashop & K2...but after asking around with their support department...they refuse to support others extensions like that, which is why I started looking at RCATheme.com
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
"Since there is no different on front end products listing to checkout it should work with Multi vendor as well"
I'm not certain what that means, but it doesn't sound negative at least. I may look further into it, unless you got more details to suggest it would not work out so well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
As a side note to anyone still looking at this thread, I've updated the first post for the current batch of templates I'm looking at.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.