- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop integration in joomla website
11 years 5 months ago #197776
by yvonnehx1
Hikashop integration in joomla website was created by yvonnehx1
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.maanstrand.nl/maanstrand/joomla
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 11
I'm trying to use Hikashop in a Joomla website to be able to sell just a few products (2 CDs up till now). Because I only have so few products I don't want to use Hika as a complete webshop site but just integrate the pieces of Hikashop in my website that I need. I'm calling the webshop component from a menu item. The products are then listed in a div. And this is where my problems is: I couldn't find any information regarding how to make this look good. Is there a way to have the Hikashop component take over some of the css of the template I used for the website? The checkout page is amongst others to wide, etc. Can anyone shed some light on this.
All help is greatly appreciated.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 11
I'm trying to use Hikashop in a Joomla website to be able to sell just a few products (2 CDs up till now). Because I only have so few products I don't want to use Hika as a complete webshop site but just integrate the pieces of Hikashop in my website that I need. I'm calling the webshop component from a menu item. The products are then listed in a div. And this is where my problems is: I couldn't find any information regarding how to make this look good. Is there a way to have the Hikashop component take over some of the css of the template I used for the website? The checkout page is amongst others to wide, etc. Can anyone shed some light on this.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197800
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop integration in joomla website
Hi,
HikaShop already take over some of the CSS of the template: the buttons CSS for example, or the texts styling for example.
It takes as much as possible but it highly depends on how the template is made, and what can be used or not.
There are also Joomla templates which are optimized for HikaShop and in that case, HikaShop completely fits in the template design ( www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html ) but that's not the case of your template, so some CSS code customizations might be necessary to adapt HikaShop displays to the template design.
For example, if the checkout page is too wide, you can move the login and registration areas one below the other:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tml#registration_box
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
HikaShop already take over some of the CSS of the template: the buttons CSS for example, or the texts styling for example.
It takes as much as possible but it highly depends on how the template is made, and what can be used or not.
There are also Joomla templates which are optimized for HikaShop and in that case, HikaShop completely fits in the template design ( www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html ) but that's not the case of your template, so some CSS code customizations might be necessary to adapt HikaShop displays to the template design.
For example, if the checkout page is too wide, you can move the login and registration areas one below the other:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tml#registration_box
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: yvonnehx1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197948
by yvonnehx1
Replied by yvonnehx1 on topic Hikashop integration in joomla website
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your respons. The links were helpfull. I've put quite some effort in my Artisteer template so I don't want to switch to another template but I understand what you mean. I will look into such a template as inspiration. Thanks again and keep up the good work
Thank you for your respons. The links were helpfull. I've put quite some effort in my Artisteer template so I don't want to switch to another template but I understand what you mean. I will look into such a template as inspiration. Thanks again and keep up the good work
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds