- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 1
Update and use old massaction_order.php
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #200632
by wilfried
Update and use old massaction_order.php was created by wilfried
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.light-swing.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error update question
I want to upgrade to the latest (2.4) Hikashop version but the adjustments I made to massaction_order.php and massaction.php and importing those into the new scripts are holding me back to do that. I have a massaction rule that exports orders to a csv and have every product of the order on 1 line.
I have now installed hikashop 2.4 in my test environment and I have copied the 2.3.5. (adjusted) php files to the directories and it works fine.
Is this a safe way to do? Can it safely work independent of the Hikashop version?
The files I mean:
plugins/hikashop/massaction_order
massaction_order.php
massaction_order.xml
administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes
massaction.php
Thanks, Wilfried
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error update question
I want to upgrade to the latest (2.4) Hikashop version but the adjustments I made to massaction_order.php and massaction.php and importing those into the new scripts are holding me back to do that. I have a massaction rule that exports orders to a csv and have every product of the order on 1 line.
I have now installed hikashop 2.4 in my test environment and I have copied the 2.3.5. (adjusted) php files to the directories and it works fine.
Is this a safe way to do? Can it safely work independent of the Hikashop version?
The files I mean:
plugins/hikashop/massaction_order
massaction_order.php
massaction_order.xml
administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes
massaction.php
Thanks, Wilfried
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by wilfried.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200636
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update and use old massaction_order.php
Hi,
The best would be I guess to create your own hikashop plugin and add your own filters/actions so that you could use them in your mass actions. That way, you would have nothing to do during updates and you wouldn't loose anything.
That however will require a lot of work compared to just update the files where you made your modifications and test that it still work fine.
So it's up to you but I would say that even if the method is not the best (cleanest), it's the most time effective.
The best would be I guess to create your own hikashop plugin and add your own filters/actions so that you could use them in your mass actions. That way, you would have nothing to do during updates and you wouldn't loose anything.
That however will require a lot of work compared to just update the files where you made your modifications and test that it still work fine.
So it's up to you but I would say that even if the method is not the best (cleanest), it's the most time effective.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #200710
by wilfried
Replied by wilfried on topic Update and use old massaction_order.php
Hello Nicolas,
Creating a copy plugin would be the best way I presume but I don't have a clue where to start.
What would be the steps to create an "own" plugin with the files of the old plugin.
Now it is called "Mass action" but it could be something like "LS-Mass action"
And will the cron also handle actions of this copy plugin?
I have looked at the example.zip but that is way out of my league. I am not a programmer....
Kind regards,
Wilfried
Creating a copy plugin would be the best way I presume but I don't have a clue where to start.
What would be the steps to create an "own" plugin with the files of the old plugin.
Now it is called "Mass action" but it could be something like "LS-Mass action"
And will the cron also handle actions of this copy plugin?
I have looked at the example.zip but that is way out of my league. I am not a programmer....
Kind regards,
Wilfried
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #200719
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update and use old massaction_order.php
Hi,
As I don't know what exact modification you did to those files I wouldn't know what to do.
But you would need to be a programmer to develop such plugin. It's not just about copy/paste.
As I said, even for a programmer it would require a lot of work, so if you're not one, besides hiring one to do it for you I don't see that as a possiblity.
As I don't know what exact modification you did to those files I wouldn't know what to do.
But you would need to be a programmer to develop such plugin. It's not just about copy/paste.
As I said, even for a programmer it would require a lot of work, so if you're not one, besides hiring one to do it for you I don't see that as a possiblity.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds