- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Required option
11 years 4 months ago #202721
by jbarkacs
Required option was created by jbarkacs
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
rockeroffroad.com/shop/product/116-new-1...ouble-beadlock-wheel
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome v43.0.2357.65
I need to make choosing an option required. We have to know the wheel size. Seems simple enough, but I can't find it anywhere.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome v43.0.2357.65
I need to make choosing an option required. We have to know the wheel size. Seems simple enough, but I can't find it anywhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202729
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Required option
Hi,
I've looked at your page but it seems that you already found the solution.
Simply remove the "none" variant from your option product and select the default value that you want for the characteristic of the option.
I've looked at your page but it seems that you already found the solution.
Simply remove the "none" variant from your option product and select the default value that you want for the characteristic of the option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202838
by jbarkacs
Replied by jbarkacs on topic Required option
I didn't make myself clear.
I want the customer to be required to choose a bolt pattern. They can't submit the order unless they make that selection. I want the default value of bolt pattern to be "Select..." and they MUST select before they can submit.
I find it strange that this is not easier to do.
Also, I'm trying to add the select... value. It shows in characteristics, but not on the product page. Why not?
I want the customer to be required to choose a bolt pattern. They can't submit the order unless they make that selection. I want the default value of bolt pattern to be "Select..." and they MUST select before they can submit.
I find it strange that this is not easier to do.
Also, I'm trying to add the select... value. It shows in characteristics, but not on the product page. Why not?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202842
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Required option
Hi,
In that case, it's not a characteristic or an option that you should use.
You want to create a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields (Business edition only) and in the custom field, you can enter a "select" value as first choice with an empty value field and make the field as required so that it will behave exactly like you're describing.
I didn't understand your question regarding the "select value". Could you describe more precisely what you want to do ? Maybe with some screenshots ?
In that case, it's not a characteristic or an option that you should use.
You want to create a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields (Business edition only) and in the custom field, you can enter a "select" value as first choice with an empty value field and make the field as required so that it will behave exactly like you're describing.
I didn't understand your question regarding the "select value". Could you describe more precisely what you want to do ? Maybe with some screenshots ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds