Email address already used
11 years 4 months ago #202976
by SolarMade
Email address already used was created by SolarMade
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.solarmade.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.34
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Email address already used
Hello,
I updated to the newest hikashop version on our development site to test it before I updated our live site. I have some custom coding in place and I wanted to make sure the update didn't clear that all out and set things back to defaults.
Most things seem to be working properly except on checkout. I get the the "Email address already used" Error but my setting are the same as the live site(last hikashop version which is working and doesn't display this issue). I have attached a picture of my checkout settings.
Do you know where else this issue might be coming from?
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.34
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Email address already used
Hello,
I updated to the newest hikashop version on our development site to test it before I updated our live site. I have some custom coding in place and I wanted to make sure the update didn't clear that all out and set things back to defaults.
Most things seem to be working properly except on checkout. I get the the "Email address already used" Error but my setting are the same as the live site(last hikashop version which is working and doesn't display this issue). I have attached a picture of my checkout settings.
Do you know where else this issue might be coming from?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202978
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Email address already used
Hi,
It means that the email address is already used, by an already existing user.
So you can't register with that same exact email if you already have an account.
Regards,
It means that the email address is already used, by an already existing user.
So you can't register with that same exact email if you already have an account.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203049
by SolarMade
Replied by SolarMade on topic Email address already used
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I suppose I should have been more specific.
We want all customers to be guests, every time they purchase. We only collect data for shipping purposes and do not need nor want it to be store on Hikashop/the internet.
Our current live site is set up this way. However, after the implementation of the Hikashop update on our development site, and using the same configuration settings, it has forced the undesired error. We do not want people to register. Where else should I look , beside Hikashop configuration>Checkout, or what else should my settings be, other than what is attached below, to turn this feature off.
Thank you
Thank you for the reply. I suppose I should have been more specific.
We want all customers to be guests, every time they purchase. We only collect data for shipping purposes and do not need nor want it to be store on Hikashop/the internet.
Our current live site is set up this way. However, after the implementation of the Hikashop update on our development site, and using the same configuration settings, it has forced the undesired error. We do not want people to register. Where else should I look , beside Hikashop configuration>Checkout, or what else should my settings be, other than what is attached below, to turn this feature off.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203055
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Email address already used
Hi,
Your configuration is set to use guest account ; but it does not change the fact that if there is already a Joomla account with the same email, HikaShop won't allow the guest account.
Regards,
Your configuration is set to use guest account ; but it does not change the fact that if there is already a Joomla account with the same email, HikaShop won't allow the guest account.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #205348
by inpixelate
Replied by inpixelate on topic Email address already used
Is there any way at all around this?
Can we tell Joomla to allow multiple registrations with the same email address maybe?
Another issue:
After they try with an already used email address, they get the error message and then the login link seems to be disabled, even though it is selected on the Checkout -> Login&Registration Configuration area. So how can they even start over without closing out the browser and opening a guest browser...?
Or can we at least provide a "forgot password" link - some users have indicated that they don't even remember theirs.
Can we tell Joomla to allow multiple registrations with the same email address maybe?
Another issue:
After they try with an already used email address, they get the error message and then the login link seems to be disabled, even though it is selected on the Checkout -> Login&Registration Configuration area. So how can they even start over without closing out the browser and opening a guest browser...?
Or can we at least provide a "forgot password" link - some users have indicated that they don't even remember theirs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #205360
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Email address already used
There is no option in Joomla to allow multiple registrations with the same email address.
Guest checkout in HikaShop allows for that as we explained. You can guest checkout several times with the same email address.
I don't understand what you mean by " the login link seems to be disabled". Could you do a screenshot of what you see ?
PS: please open new threads for new questions in order to keep subjects on topic for other readers of the forum.
Guest checkout in HikaShop allows for that as we explained. You can guest checkout several times with the same email address.
I don't understand what you mean by " the login link seems to be disabled". Could you do a screenshot of what you see ?
PS: please open new threads for new questions in order to keep subjects on topic for other readers of the forum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #205453
by inpixelate
Replied by inpixelate on topic Email address already used
no problem I will post another thread
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds