- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 4
Problem with filter on manufacturers
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.41
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome, IE 11
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
Hello,
I created a system of filters with hikashop business on different types of data (categories, custom fields, manufacturer). When I enable all the filters but the one on the manufacturers everything is fine, but as soon as I activate the filter on the manufacturers all the other filter are not functioning anymore.
You can access the frontend using the test account: demo test
Attached are two screenshots of the backend for two filters, the one on manufacturers and another on a custom field.
Thanks in advanced,
Romain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I would first recommend to download the latest version of HikaShop and install it in order to get the different fixes that we added on filters since the release of the 2.4.
If that doesn't help, try to turn on the "redirect post mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
That will also allow us to see the values passed to the system in the URL when using the filters in case that also doesn't help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I updated hikashop and turned on the redirect post mode... Nothing has changed and the values passed seem to be ok.
If you want to compare with another page where filters are ok, then click on the top menu "8+ years".
Thanks in advance,
Romain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm trying to modify the filter query to see if I can correct the bug using onBeforeProductListingLoad(), but the function is not triggered. Do I need to call it in the view?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sorry for the late reply, I just tested it through your ADVANCED SEARCH module using the "Editor" filter, and it worked fine, but when I went through your "8+ years" menu there wasn't any "Editor" filter so I couldn't test it.
Do you still have your issue ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The issue has not been solved... so I will re-explain the bug:
- When there is no "Editor" filter, the filters work correctly (as for example on the "8+ years" page where everything is ok)
- When there is an "Editor" filter, only this filter works correctly: for example in the "advanced search" module all the other filters return 0 elements although they all should return elements. If I remove the "Editor" filter from this module, then everything is fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you provide a backend access to your website along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we could check your settings ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We made a patch for the filters and the manufacturer and regarding your issue description, I think that you got the same problem.
You can find the patch on that thread : www.hikashop.com/forum/5-support-en-fran...e-encore.html#209098
In the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/filters.php" you have to replace
The fix will be include in the next HikaShop release (2.5.1 logically).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Nevertheless, I found another problem: with my check-box filter "Age", it is not possible to select multiple values. If I try to do so it resets the filter.
Regards,
Romain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I see that Nicolas already submit a patch in HikaShop but that patch is not yet in the stable package (so it will be in the next release).
Your issue is linked with multi-categories and the "redirect post" feature.
When you select multiple categories (or characteristics, custom fields, ...), you can see in the url : " filter_Par_age=26::29 "
But for the format handling, the code is not parsing correctly that syntax and that's what the Nicolas' patch fixed.
So to fix that for the categories, in the filter class, you can replace :
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The patch has a problem: it sometimes adds a value "0" in addition to the selected category. To correct that problem you should replace the line:
The filter now works but there is still a problem with the display: when a second value is checked then the corresponding checkboxes are not checked anymore. To correct that, you should replace the following line (1602?):
This patch works if you have only one checkbox filter (in the selected[0]). If you want to adapt it to multiple checkbox filters, you should add a loop and test for each checkbox filter.
Thanks,
Romain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is the line to be modified for filter checkboxes on custom fields. Replace the line (1683?):
by:
Again for multiple checkboxes on filters, a loop will be required.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have a sample configuration to test your patch ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks !
The patch will be include in the next release.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.