- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Top-level category description not displaying
- diamondheart
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 3 months ago #205885
by diamondheart
Top-level category description not displaying was created by diamondheart
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
Hi, there.. Great product, thanks for making it available.
I'm trying to display the top level category description at the top of the page that displays the categories of products for sale in our store. What is currently displayed is shown in image 1.
See image 2 for the desired look - which comes from another shopping cart we have installed.
The menu settings are shown in image 3, and "Show description" is set to "Yes".
I've tried tweaking every setting I can find.. and nothing works. What do I have to do to display that description? Do I have to modify a view?
Any help would be much appreciated!
TIA,
diamondheart
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
Hi, there.. Great product, thanks for making it available.
I'm trying to display the top level category description at the top of the page that displays the categories of products for sale in our store. What is currently displayed is shown in image 1.
See image 2 for the desired look - which comes from another shopping cart we have installed.
The menu settings are shown in image 3, and "Show description" is set to "Yes".
I've tried tweaking every setting I can find.. and nothing works. What do I have to do to display that description? Do I have to modify a view?
Any help would be much appreciated!
TIA,
diamondheart
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #205955
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Top-level category description not displaying
Hi,
That's the correct setting and there is no need to modify any code.
Your issue comes from the link you're using.
The link you gave us doesn't have the Itemid parameter which specifies to Joomla the current menu item.
So if you don't tell the system which menu item to use, it's useless you configure a menu item.
Add &Itemid=XXX where XXX is the id of your menu item at the end of your link, and you'll see that it will work.
That's the correct setting and there is no need to modify any code.
Your issue comes from the link you're using.
The link you gave us doesn't have the Itemid parameter which specifies to Joomla the current menu item.
So if you don't tell the system which menu item to use, it's useless you configure a menu item.
Add &Itemid=XXX where XXX is the id of your menu item at the end of your link, and you'll see that it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds