Cannot price multiple variants
- williamstdd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #207426
by williamstdd
Cheers,
Todd
Cannot price multiple variants was created by williamstdd
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
initiativeready.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
When I add a second characteristic to a product, I do not seem to be able to add variants on the variant tab. Am I missing a step to rule?
To reproduce:
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
When I add a second characteristic to a product, I do not seem to be able to add variants on the variant tab. Am I missing a step to rule?
To reproduce:
- ]Add two characteristics and save.
- Go to to variants tab.
- Click Add Variants: It will show both characteristics,
- Place cursor in box. The picklist shows.
- Select option and click save.
- Nothing appears to happen.
Cheers,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207428
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Cannot price multiple variants
Hi,
I don't understand your issue regarding the topic and the description text.
Can you please provide a screenshot of your issue ? (what you have just before clicking on the "last" "save")
Regards,
I don't understand your issue regarding the topic and the description text.
Can you please provide a screenshot of your issue ? (what you have just before clicking on the "last" "save")
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- williamstdd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 2 months ago #207497
by williamstdd
Cheers,
Todd
Replied by williamstdd on topic Cannot price multiple variants
Here are two screen\shots. One as I select the variant, the other right after clicking the save save I circled.
The once the issues is fixed, the bigger question is how the implementation to pricing, etc goes as with two variants as there are now three items of precedence.
The once the issues is fixed, the bigger question is how the implementation to pricing, etc goes as with two variants as there are now three items of precedence.
- Parent product data (price, descriptions, etc.)
- Variant one data[/li/
- Variant two data
Cheers,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207506
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cannot price multiple variants
Hi,
You need to select at least a value in each of the characteristics of the product.
So in the "Presentation format" characteristic, you need to select the values for which you want to generate the variants before validating.
We'll add a check for next version to refuse the saving if that's not the case. Thank you for your feedback.
You need to select at least a value in each of the characteristics of the product.
So in the "Presentation format" characteristic, you need to select the values for which you want to generate the variants before validating.
We'll add a check for next version to refuse the saving if that's not the case. Thank you for your feedback.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- williamstdd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 2 months ago #207565
by williamstdd
Cheers,
Todd
Replied by williamstdd on topic Cannot price multiple variants
Nicolas,
I have tried a series of tests on this and I simply cannot get it to work.
1) If I start with a product that has no characteristics,add two, then edit the variants (selecting two as you suggest) only one is set.
2) If I start with a product that has a variant set and try to add a additional characteristic and select a variant, the variant will not add.
I think there is a bug here.
Cheers,
Todd
I have tried a series of tests on this and I simply cannot get it to work.
1) If I start with a product that has no characteristics,add two, then edit the variants (selecting two as you suggest) only one is set.
2) If I start with a product that has a variant set and try to add a additional characteristic and select a variant, the variant will not add.
I think there is a bug here.
Cheers,
Todd
Cheers,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207610
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cannot price multiple variants
Hi,
There is no bug that we know of.
Please provide a backend access to your website with a link to this thread via our contact form and we can do a test.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
There is no bug that we know of.
Please provide a backend access to your website with a link to this thread via our contact form and we can do a test.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- williamstdd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 2 months ago #207683
by williamstdd
Cheers,
Todd
Replied by williamstdd on topic Cannot price multiple variants
OK, I see what I was doing wrong. I simply did not expect the behavior and the product I was testing on was very simple (only one variant per characteristic) and I did not see the screen change. Sorry for wasting your time.
Cheers,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds