- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
How to insert vm short description?
11 years 2 months ago #207924
by joknight
How to insert vm short description? was created by joknight
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : google chrome 43.0.2357.124 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I'm exporting date from vm1 into hika shop
There is a product short description in vm1.
How can I import the vm1 product short description as I see that Hika Shop products don't have a short description?
thanks,
Jo
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : google chrome 43.0.2357.124 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I'm exporting date from vm1 into hika shop
There is a product short description in vm1.
How can I import the vm1 product short description as I see that Hika Shop products don't have a short description?
thanks,
Jo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207950
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to insert vm short description?
Hi,
HikaShop indeed doesn't have a short description.
If you want one, you can create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields (Essential and Business editions only). Then, you'll have to run a query to get the short description from VM (or use some CSV export/import). And finally, you'll need to modify the views of HikaShop to display it where you want.
HikaShop indeed doesn't have a short description.
If you want one, you can create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields (Essential and Business editions only). Then, you'll have to run a query to get the short description from VM (or use some CSV export/import). And finally, you'll need to modify the views of HikaShop to display it where you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207981
by joknight
Replied by joknight on topic How to insert vm short description?
Thank you Nicholas.
I have created the custom field.
I can import the short description data via csv file and make a new column for the short description to be accepted.
I'm not sure how to "modify the views of HikaShop to display it where you want."
Can you please expand on that process?
thanks,
Jo
I have created the custom field.
I can import the short description data via csv file and make a new column for the short description to be accepted.
I'm not sure how to "modify the views of HikaShop to display it where you want."
Can you please expand on that process?
thanks,
Jo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207983
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to insert vm short description?
Hi,
It depends how you configure your shop.
With the standard product listing layout and assuming that you want to display the short description on the products listing page, you want to edit the file "listing_img_title" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and add such code:
<?php echo $this->row->field; ?>
where field is to be replaced with the column name of your custom field.
It depends how you configure your shop.
With the standard product listing layout and assuming that you want to display the short description on the products listing page, you want to edit the file "listing_img_title" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and add such code:
<?php echo $this->row->field; ?>
where field is to be replaced with the column name of your custom field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds