- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
Migration to 3.4.x
11 years 2 months ago #208989
by standib
Migration to 3.4.x was created by standib
-- HikaShop version -- : 1.5.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
I have a client with an old site (2.5.28) and an old version of Hikashop (1.5.5) It still works but now I need to migrate the site to 3.4.x. I know I need to update Hikashop. My question is after I complete the
hikaSop update to 2.5.0, do I need to be aware of any complications migrating HikaShop to the new platform (3.4.x)?
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
I have a client with an old site (2.5.28) and an old version of Hikashop (1.5.5) It still works but now I need to migrate the site to 3.4.x. I know I need to update Hikashop. My question is after I complete the
hikaSop update to 2.5.0, do I need to be aware of any complications migrating HikaShop to the new platform (3.4.x)?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #208990
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Migration to 3.4.x
Hi,
HikaShop 2.5.0 is compatible with both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.4 so the migration of Joomla, if done properly, shouldn't change anything for HikaShop itself.
HikaShop 2.5.0 is compatible with both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.4 so the migration of Joomla, if done properly, shouldn't change anything for HikaShop itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209004
by cherard
ARK - Our Survival
Cheers
Jeff
Replied by cherard on topic Migration to 3.4.x
I have just done similar, I could not get the site to update cleanly to 3.4.3 so I did it the following way:
1. Updated Hikashop to Latest 2.5
2. Copied all hikashop tables to new site
3. Renamed tables to prefix of new database
4. Installed latest 2.5 for Joomla 3.4.3 and it ran fine with all settings retained etc.
Yes tedious but worked and done in less time then trying to debug upgrade errors with Joomla Upgrade process.
Cheers
Jeff
1. Updated Hikashop to Latest 2.5
2. Copied all hikashop tables to new site
3. Renamed tables to prefix of new database
4. Installed latest 2.5 for Joomla 3.4.3 and it ran fine with all settings retained etc.
Yes tedious but worked and done in less time then trying to debug upgrade errors with Joomla Upgrade process.
Cheers
Jeff
ARK - Our Survival
Cheers
Jeff
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds