- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Language strings not translated
11 years 2 months ago #209165
by yvesk
Language strings not translated was created by yvesk
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hello Hika dream team
When trying to add a Joomla menu for Hikashop, translation is not found
Best regards
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hello Hika dream team
When trying to add a Joomla menu for Hikashop, translation is not found
Best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209169
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Language strings not translated
Hi,
This means that HikaShop was not able to write the translation file in the folder administrator/languages/en-GB
Try to edit your language file via the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration and save it. That will force a rewrite of the file and it should then work.
This means that HikaShop was not able to write the translation file in the folder administrator/languages/en-GB
Try to edit your language file via the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration and save it. That will force a rewrite of the file and it should then work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #210190
by Margreet
Replied by Margreet on topic Language strings not translated
Hi Nicolas,
Have encountered the same problem.
The HikaWebshop is translated to Dutch.
If I look with ftp in the map which you mention I see the files and they are really placed at the moment of update.
So in this case the map was writeable.
I have downloaded the language file from the Hikashop site.
When I openend the nl-NL.com_hikashop.ini and search for the strings which are still in English then in this file the strings are not translated.
I will give one example : MAIN_OPTIONS="main options"
This is shown when you open a product and you want to adjust the characteristics of a product.
I would expect in the section main options something in Dutch like Algemene instellingen.
At the end of the ini file the section ;since 2.4.0 and the section ;since 2.5.0 are still in English.
And indeed I can translate this bij my self in the configuration of Hikashop.
This comment I intend to post as a kind remark
Greetings Margareth
Have encountered the same problem.
The HikaWebshop is translated to Dutch.
If I look with ftp in the map which you mention I see the files and they are really placed at the moment of update.
So in this case the map was writeable.
I have downloaded the language file from the Hikashop site.
When I openend the nl-NL.com_hikashop.ini and search for the strings which are still in English then in this file the strings are not translated.
I will give one example : MAIN_OPTIONS="main options"
This is shown when you open a product and you want to adjust the characteristics of a product.
I would expect in the section main options something in Dutch like Algemene instellingen.
At the end of the ini file the section ;since 2.4.0 and the section ;since 2.5.0 are still in English.
And indeed I can translate this bij my self in the configuration of Hikashop.
This comment I intend to post as a kind remark
Greetings Margareth
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Margreet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #210192
by Margreet
Replied by Margreet on topic Language strings not translated
If needed I can give a screen post of what I see at the backend
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Margreet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #210205
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Language strings not translated
Hi,
We do not speak 40 languages ; most of our language files are provide by the community.
If a language file is not up to date, it means that we didn't receive any update for the moment.
You can translate the file in your end and use the "share" button in order to share it with the rest of the community.
About the sys language file ; you can see to edit directly the "nl-NL.com_hikashop.sys.ini" file to force the new translations.
Regards,
We do not speak 40 languages ; most of our language files are provide by the community.
If a language file is not up to date, it means that we didn't receive any update for the moment.
You can translate the file in your end and use the "share" button in order to share it with the rest of the community.
About the sys language file ; you can see to edit directly the "nl-NL.com_hikashop.sys.ini" file to force the new translations.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds