Guest checkout and user accounts
- buffdownunder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #209260
by buffdownunder
Regards,
Edward
Guest checkout and user accounts was created by buffdownunder
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.mybuff.com.au/test/component/hikashop/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop [1506112208]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : You cannot proceed to a guest checkout as some of the products in your cart require a registration to our website. Please register an account or remove these products from your cart in order to proceed.
Hi,
I just realised that you can not checkout products which have a user group assigned with guest checkout.
I want to give my customers the option to create an account at the end of the checkout. The system does not seem to allow this. Is there a way around this?
Regards,
Edward
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop [1506112208]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : You cannot proceed to a guest checkout as some of the products in your cart require a registration to our website. Please register an account or remove these products from your cart in order to proceed.
Hi,
I just realised that you can not checkout products which have a user group assigned with guest checkout.
I want to give my customers the option to create an account at the end of the checkout. The system does not seem to allow this. Is there a way around this?
Regards,
Edward
Regards,
Edward
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209275
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Guest checkout and user accounts
Hi,
There is no options like that by default in HikaShop, but thanks to a plugin and some view editions that could potentially be done.
If you add a button to redirect to the registration and then you create a plugin based on the function "onAfterUserCreate(&$element)" so you will be able to get the customer informations and be able to edit the order of that customer in order to assign it to the Joomla user instead of the guest user.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...umentation.html#user
There is no options like that by default in HikaShop, but thanks to a plugin and some view editions that could potentially be done.
If you add a button to redirect to the registration and then you create a plugin based on the function "onAfterUserCreate(&$element)" so you will be able to get the customer informations and be able to edit the order of that customer in order to assign it to the Joomla user instead of the guest user.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...umentation.html#user
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buffdownunder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 2 months ago #209952
by buffdownunder
Regards,
Edward
Replied by buffdownunder on topic Guest checkout and user accounts
HI Xavier,
I wouldn't be able to do this myself. Would you know somebody to do that. Additionally designing the checkout is driving me crazy. I think I really need professional support or I will annoy this forum with many questions
I wouldn't be able to do this myself. Would you know somebody to do that. Additionally designing the checkout is driving me crazy. I think I really need professional support or I will annoy this forum with many questions
Regards,
Edward
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209958
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Guest checkout and user accounts
Hi,
You can post this request in the commercial jobs section of this forum
You can post this request in the commercial jobs section of this forum
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buffdownunder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 2 months ago #210214
by buffdownunder
Regards,
Edward
Replied by buffdownunder on topic Guest checkout and user accounts
Thx Xavier. Didn't know about the Commercial jobs section.
Wanted to write a spec and realised that my issues might be template related altogether. Lots of overrides.
What template should I use for testing Hikashop? Protostar or beeze? I want to make sure that I don't have any template issues.
I would like to force a menu item on the checkout. What menu type do I use?
Wanted to write a spec and realised that my issues might be template related altogether. Lots of overrides.
What template should I use for testing Hikashop? Protostar or beeze? I want to make sure that I don't have any template issues.
I would like to force a menu item on the checkout. What menu type do I use?
Regards,
Edward
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buffdownunder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 2 months ago #210266
by buffdownunder
Regards,
Edward
Replied by buffdownunder on topic Guest checkout and user accounts
Hi Xavier,
I played around with Protostar and found the checkout menu item. Most of my issues were related to the template and have nothing to do with Hikashop. I am really happy now.
I will ask for help in the commercial jobs section tomorrow. Need to put some stuff together.
Thanks for your support.
I played around with Protostar and found the checkout menu item. Most of my issues were related to the template and have nothing to do with Hikashop. I am really happy now.
I will ask for help in the commercial jobs section tomorrow. Need to put some stuff together.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Edward
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #210215
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Guest checkout and user accounts
Hi,
For Joomla 3, Protostar is the default one ; it is also the template we are using most for our local tests.
For the force checkout menu ; the best is to use a Checkout menu.
Regards,
For Joomla 3, Protostar is the default one ; it is also the template we are using most for our local tests.
For the force checkout menu ; the best is to use a Checkout menu.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds