Skip to main content

404 Error when clicking on product or options

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211197 by rcadmin
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3

If you go to www.rosmini.school.nz/community/shop and click on options for my product you will see my error.

I did notice it doing the same thing once when I clicked on the actual product for more details.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by rcadmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211205 by info@cheops.dk
I have the same problem with this shop!
When you click on a product image the site returns a 404 error

Try the first product on the left...
www.danskblokart.dk/index.php/web-shop/b.../category/25-diverse

Cheers

/Claus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211199 by Jerome
Hi,

The link for the product is
Code:
https://www.rosmini.school.nz/shop/product/1-1st-xv-training-camp
But when you try to open the page, you're redirected to
Code:
https://www.rosmini.school.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1458
That redirection is not something provided by HikaShop.
Please check your SEF settings and youor SEF extension or any plugin which can generate redirection.
Please also check that you do not have any canonical URL configured for your product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211308 by rcadmin
Ouch this is going to be difficulty for me to resolve so I would be greatfull for some pointers.

The only SEO that I know I am using is the system settings:



Further the custom 404 error was set up following: docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_Custom_404_Error_Page (if I remember correctly).

Any suggestions how I proceed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211310 by nicolas
@rcadmin:
Try to turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of your HikaShop configuration page.

@info@cheops.dk:
It works fine:
take.ms/8ElS6
take.ms/emFLj
The following user(s) said Thank You: rcadmin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211334 by rcadmin
That did it... sorry I missed it earlier. What doe I loose by not using that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211370 by info@cheops.dk
I found it myself :)

Tanx for super support ;-) ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211372 by Jerome
Hi,

@rcadmin
The URL of the product page might not always be the same based on the location from where you're accessing it.
But that's not really a problem since the canonical URL will still be provided to crawlers.

@info@cheops.dk
Good to know that your problem is solved.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211666 by rcadmin
With reference to the above I am noticing this behavour in my backend too. I went to edit a view but when I tried to save, I got redirected and the data was not saved.

Just tired editing the language file and the same thing happened too
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by rcadmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211681 by nicolas
Hi,

The SEF system is not used on the backend.
So even if the result is the same, the cause is bound to be totally different.
This is probably caused by a security module of your web server which prevents you from sending PHP code/ini file code in your requests.
Turn off that web server module or configure it to not check on that and it will work.
Or directly edit the files via FTP to circumvent the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211736 by rcadmin
I now realise that this has nothing to do with the Hika products and so won't continue with a post after this but just to ask one more question. It has now also started happening when I try and edit a particular article. Could it maybe be a virus?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211745 by nicolas
No, I don't think a virus would do that.
Here is a thread talking about the same problem you're having (as far as I can see):
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...74-saving-views.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: rcadmin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211765 by rcadmin
Thanks for that. I have just come to the same conclusion 30 min earlier. I build a plain Joomla site without any extensions and then added an article. If the article was above a certain length the issue then raised it's head.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #211848 by rcadmin
Yip is was "modsecurity" ... all sorted :) Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum