Skip to main content

Sub Cats not Hiding in Category Listing

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #212976 by ninjab
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0

Hi there,

I am trying to get the sub categories to not show when in a category listing. Originally I had it as a product listing content but need to change it to a category listing, but seems the option to 'Show Sub Categories' to 'No Child' doesnt seem to be working.

Theres a specific reason as to why I need to change it to a category listing, and I need the sub cats to not show as they are not supposed to for a specific reason.

I dont have a URL because its a local server dev only. But have attached a screen shot to show my settings if I have not done it properly.

I thought it may of been template overrides to my files, so I got rid of those temporarily to use the default hikashop ones, but didnt change anything.

Many thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by ninjab.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #212982 by nicolas
Hi,

I suppose that you want to remove the categories listing of your menu while that option is for displaying or not the subcategories of each of the categories on the listing.
So changing that option won't do what you want.
In that case, the best would be to add a line of CSS to hide the whole area displaying the categories.
The exact CSS will depend on how is configured your website so hard to tell you without looking at the page with firebug. But if you know CSS, you should be able to do that on your own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #213039 by ninjab
Hi Nicholas, thanks for confirming that it was not something I had not done or a bug.

From your response, I done a work around to the listing_div file to this below. It does require me to add in categories in the PHP files if I add new ones in the future however
Code:
<? if($this->element->category_id==36 || $this->element->category_id==43 || $this->element->category_id==50 || $this->element->category_id==55): ?> (insert all the code from listing_div in the PHP here) <? else: ?> (blank) <? endif; ?>
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Jerome. Reason: remove quote content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum