- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 1
Please explain multiple releases with same version
10 years 10 months ago #220903
by Dorgo
Please explain multiple releases with same version was created by Dorgo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0_2015-11-05_06-23-29
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 4.3
Can someone please explain why changes to code are published without updating the version number?
I have now downloaded four different "versions" of version 2.6.0
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-10-22_03-53-19.tar.gz
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-10-20_08-42-43.tar.gz
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-11-05_06-23-29.tar.gz
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-11-18_05-13-10.tar.gz
It looks like the date downloaded is appended to the archive, but diffing the contents shows changes are being made and pushed up with the same version number.
I see that you are fixing bugs, but only if I check by downloading manually.
You are tracking a separate version number internally, however this is not the one that joomla checks to see if there is an update.
What is the point of a version number if it doesn't track a single state of code?
semver.org/
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 4.3
Can someone please explain why changes to code are published without updating the version number?
I have now downloaded four different "versions" of version 2.6.0
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-10-22_03-53-19.tar.gz
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-10-20_08-42-43.tar.gz
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-11-05_06-23-29.tar.gz
com_hikashop_business_v2.6.0_2015-11-18_05-13-10.tar.gz
It looks like the date downloaded is appended to the archive, but diffing the contents shows changes are being made and pushed up with the same version number.
I see that you are fixing bugs, but only if I check by downloading manually.
You are tracking a separate version number internally, however this is not the one that joomla checks to see if there is an update.
Code:
HikaShop <?php echo $this->config->get('level').' '.$this->config->get('version'); ?> [1511171458]
What is the point of a version number if it doesn't track a single state of code?
semver.org/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220918
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Please explain multiple releases with same version
Hi,
Some 18 months ago I asked basically the same question. See Nicolas' response - certainly fair and valid: www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/86...lease-no.html#154747
Some 18 months ago I asked basically the same question. See Nicolas' response - certainly fair and valid: www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/86...lease-no.html#154747
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds