- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
10 years 10 months ago #221052
by Skyla
Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang) was created by Skyla
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All Browsers (But mainly use Chrome)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : When clicking the Translation button inside the products page, the box comes up very small and need to scroll. FaLang (Stephane) said this popup box is from Hikashop. Screenshot attached
Hello,
I have confirmed that if I install a fresh copy of Hikashop 2.6.0 and a fresh copy of FaLang 2.2.0 (both latest versions) on a new website, it does not cause this problem. It is currently assumed that something during the upgrade process went wrong and caused the problem.
so basically, the website has been using Hikashop for years and have always upgraded on each release without any error or obvious problems. Since 2.6.0 though, the Translation box from FaLang you click in the products page comes up with a popup that extremely small and require a lot of scrolling to work with (as shown in attached image).
I have work with Stephane from FaLang with this and he's concluded that the popup is coming from Hikashop so it is out of his hands to resolve. Quote" This popup is done by hikashop it's not the Falang quickjump popup."
So here I am reaching out for a solution. Something with the upgrade must have caused a conflict with old CSS of some sort which is causing the box to pop up so small.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to Joomla Admin
2. Access Hikashop Products Page
3. Open any Products
4. Click the "fr-FR" beside Translations to open box
These are the steps we took to attempt resolving:
- Tested on different browsers including Incognito mode to make sure not a local cache issue. Happens on any computer.
- Confirmed all website server cache are emptied, tmp files cleared, and no CDN enabled for website. Joomla caching is disabled for website.
- Installed the full 2.6.0 Hikashop package on top and also FaLang 2.2.0 package
- Confirmed no customization were done for either FaLang or HikaShop.
Again, since this issue doesn't happen on a fresh website, I can only assume something happened during the upgrade. I would like this box fixed so it's not so much of a pain to work with. Besides that, everything on the website is working very well.
I can provide FTP and Joomla access to this website if it helps.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All Browsers (But mainly use Chrome)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : When clicking the Translation button inside the products page, the box comes up very small and need to scroll. FaLang (Stephane) said this popup box is from Hikashop. Screenshot attached
Hello,
I have confirmed that if I install a fresh copy of Hikashop 2.6.0 and a fresh copy of FaLang 2.2.0 (both latest versions) on a new website, it does not cause this problem. It is currently assumed that something during the upgrade process went wrong and caused the problem.
so basically, the website has been using Hikashop for years and have always upgraded on each release without any error or obvious problems. Since 2.6.0 though, the Translation box from FaLang you click in the products page comes up with a popup that extremely small and require a lot of scrolling to work with (as shown in attached image).
I have work with Stephane from FaLang with this and he's concluded that the popup is coming from Hikashop so it is out of his hands to resolve. Quote" This popup is done by hikashop it's not the Falang quickjump popup."
So here I am reaching out for a solution. Something with the upgrade must have caused a conflict with old CSS of some sort which is causing the box to pop up so small.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to Joomla Admin
2. Access Hikashop Products Page
3. Open any Products
4. Click the "fr-FR" beside Translations to open box
These are the steps we took to attempt resolving:
- Tested on different browsers including Incognito mode to make sure not a local cache issue. Happens on any computer.
- Confirmed all website server cache are emptied, tmp files cleared, and no CDN enabled for website. Joomla caching is disabled for website.
- Installed the full 2.6.0 Hikashop package on top and also FaLang 2.2.0 package
- Confirmed no customization were done for either FaLang or HikaShop.
Again, since this issue doesn't happen on a fresh website, I can only assume something happened during the upgrade. I would like this box fixed so it's not so much of a pain to work with. Besides that, everything on the website is working very well.
I can provide FTP and Joomla access to this website if it helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221230
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce the issue either.
Could you provide a backend access so that we could check on your website ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
I'm not able to reproduce the issue either.
Could you provide a backend access so that we could check on your website ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221231
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Thank you Nicholas, I have sent the login info through the contact form.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221372
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Hi,
Can you try to change the line:
to:
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/popup.php
That should fix the problem.
Can you try to change the line:
Code:
$j34 = version_compare($jversion,'3.4.0','>=') ? true : false;
Code:
$j34 = false;
That should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221374
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Well, it looks like we're heading the right direction but it still doesn't work. I have attached the end result. I made sure to test in Incognito.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221376
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Just a thought, but since a new install doesn't have this problem. What are the risks of simply removing the whole com_hikashop folder and replacing it from the one inside the latest install file?
If I try that, should I backup any particular files to avoid issues?
In case it may help...
If I try that, should I backup any particular files to avoid issues?
In case it may help...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221448
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Hi,
Your issue is related to a Joomla 3.4.4/3.4.5 issue with the modals.
Depending if you have a github patch or not ; you can have an issue or not with the popup parameters.
In the first time, you can revert the Nicolas' patch.
Then you can override the view "backend | your backend template (isis I guess) | product | form" and replace
By
So it will remove the HTML content in the popup title and avoid that Joomla bug to skip the popup height and width.
And I'm counting the days before the next HikaShop release so we could finally stop using the Mootools Squeezbox and the Bootstrap modal !
Regards,
:blink:Just a thought, but since a new install doesn't have this problem.
Your issue is related to a Joomla 3.4.4/3.4.5 issue with the modals.
Depending if you have a github patch or not ; you can have an issue or not with the popup parameters.
In the first time, you can revert the Nicolas' patch.
Then you can override the view "backend | your backend template (isis I guess) | product | form" and replace
Code:
echo '<div class="hikashop_multilang_button">' .
$this->popup->display(
$lngName, $lngName,
hikashop_completeLink('product&task=edit_translation&product_id=' . @$this->product->product_id.'&language_id='.$language_id, true),
'hikashop_product_translation_'.$language_id,
760, 480, '', '', 'link'
).
'</div>';
Code:
echo '<div class="hikashop_multilang_button">' .
$this->popup->display(
$lngName, strip_tags($lngName),
hikashop_completeLink('product&task=edit_translation&product_id=' . @$this->product->product_id.'&language_id='.$language_id, true),
'hikashop_product_translation_'.$language_id,
760, 480, '', '', 'link'
).
'</div>';
And I'm counting the days before the next HikaShop release so we could finally stop using the Mootools Squeezbox and the Bootstrap modal !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skyla
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221451
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Thank you, this seemed to have fixed it!!
I did end up changing the line
760, 480, '', '', 'link'
to
950, 800, '', '', 'link'
since I found the box still a bit small to work with. Looking good now!!
Best regards,
I did end up changing the line
760, 480, '', '', 'link'
to
950, 800, '', '', 'link'
since I found the box still a bit small to work with. Looking good now!!
Best regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221452
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Oh, will this tweak get replaced when I update Hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221491
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Popup box in Products page is very small (FaLang)
Hi,
As Jerome said in a round about way at the end of his message, we're actually working on using a different popup system directly integrated in HikaShop instead of using the Joomla popup systems. That way, we'll be independent from them on that point and that will avoid all those issues coming up each time Joomla decides to change something in their popup systems, which happens quite a lot.
We that this will be in place for the next version of HikaShop, so in that case, it will just be a matter of switching to the new popup system after the update.
As Jerome said in a round about way at the end of his message, we're actually working on using a different popup system directly integrated in HikaShop instead of using the Joomla popup systems. That way, we'll be independent from them on that point and that will avoid all those issues coming up each time Joomla decides to change something in their popup systems, which happens quite a lot.
We that this will be in place for the next version of HikaShop, so in that case, it will just be a matter of switching to the new popup system after the update.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds