- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
Product won't display properly
10 years 9 months ago #225396
by standib
Product won't display properly was created by standib
-- url of the page with the problem -- : http:compuchild.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Foxfire
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I am moving a site from Joomla 2.5.28 to 3.4.8 and at the same time updating HikaShop. I have most everything worked out except for one product. I have a product (Stickers) in a Category (Classroom Supplies) with six color choices (Characteristics) and variable pricing for volume purchases. It works perfectly in the old store but doesn't show up on a Category listing (Only shows under "ALL") and then none of the characteristics or pricing show. I'm sure I missed something in the setup of the new HikaShop but I cannot find it. I hope you can set me straight.
To view the store, you must be logged in. I can give you log in credentials (privately) on request.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Foxfire
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I am moving a site from Joomla 2.5.28 to 3.4.8 and at the same time updating HikaShop. I have most everything worked out except for one product. I have a product (Stickers) in a Category (Classroom Supplies) with six color choices (Characteristics) and variable pricing for volume purchases. It works perfectly in the old store but doesn't show up on a Category listing (Only shows under "ALL") and then none of the characteristics or pricing show. I'm sure I missed something in the setup of the new HikaShop but I cannot find it. I hope you can set me straight.
To view the store, you must be logged in. I can give you log in credentials (privately) on request.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225414
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product won't display properly
Hi,
I think that some accesses will be easier for the support team to understand what you're issue is really.
Currently, I'm not able to visualize what could be the issue ; so I have no idea on how to solve it.
You can use the "contact us" form to send us private information ; just add a link to that forum thread so we will know what to do with the links.
Regards,
I think that some accesses will be easier for the support team to understand what you're issue is really.
Currently, I'm not able to visualize what could be the issue ; so I have no idea on how to solve it.
You can use the "contact us" form to send us private information ; just add a link to that forum thread so we will know what to do with the links.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225488
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Product won't display properly
I just sent you contact email with more information.
Thank you
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225624
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Product won't display properly
I see you have logged in to both the old and new sites on 1/3/16. Did you see the problem with the "Stickers" product? Have you found a solution?
Regards
Bob Standish
Regards
Bob Standish
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225626
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product won't display properly
Hi,
Well, I don't see the problem you're talking about.
I do see the product on the listing on both the old website:
take.ms/kOkbF
And the new website:
take.ms/eHdwC
And as you can see on the screenshot, I didn't had to select "all".
Regarding the product page, I do see the issue. And that's probably because you didn't add any variants to the product. After you add the characteristics, you need to go in the "variants" tab of the product edition interface and add the variants you want, as explained in the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
Well, I don't see the problem you're talking about.
I do see the product on the listing on both the old website:
take.ms/kOkbF
And the new website:
take.ms/eHdwC
And as you can see on the screenshot, I didn't had to select "all".
Regarding the product page, I do see the issue. And that's probably because you didn't add any variants to the product. After you add the characteristics, you need to go in the "variants" tab of the product edition interface and add the variants you want, as explained in the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225666
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Product won't display properly
I'm sorry. I am not being clear. Yes the stickers show up in the listing but if you try to purchase them, that's when the issue starts.
As for the variants. This where I think I missed something. Everything was set up properly in the old site. Don't the settings carry over to the new site?
I will review the information in the link you sent me.
Regards
As for the variants. This where I think I missed something. Everything was set up properly in the old site. Don't the settings carry over to the new site?
I will review the information in the link you sent me.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225736
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Product won't display properly
Final reply to this ticket. Problem Resolved.
I already had Characteristics set up but I deleted them and re-installed them and that seemed to fix it.
Thanks
Bob
I already had Characteristics set up but I deleted them and re-installed them and that seemed to fix it.
Thanks
Bob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225741
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Product won't display properly
I spoke too quickly. Now I have two products that do not display properly.
The stickers Mentioned in this ticket and now youth T-shirts (clothing).
The t-shirts originally displayed properly but I needed to add a size to the 'Youth Size' Characteristic. I added the size and saved my work but the additional size did not display. I re-saved the product but still no additional size. Finally I removed the characteristic and re-added the youth size characteristic back to the product. Now it does not display either.
I feel like I'm going backwards.
Regards
Bob
The stickers Mentioned in this ticket and now youth T-shirts (clothing).
The t-shirts originally displayed properly but I needed to add a size to the 'Youth Size' Characteristic. I added the size and saved my work but the additional size did not display. I re-saved the product but still no additional size. Finally I removed the characteristic and re-added the youth size characteristic back to the product. Now it does not display either.
I feel like I'm going backwards.
Regards
Bob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225825
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product won't display properly
Hi,
You need to add the variants in the variants tab after you add the characteristics.
Just adding the characteristics isn't enough. Please check that.
You need to add the variants in the variants tab after you add the characteristics.
Just adding the characteristics isn't enough. Please check that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: standib
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #225829
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Product won't display properly
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
So many steps! I really thought migrating from the older version of HikaShop to the newer version would be a slam dunk. I was wrong!
The only problem left (that I know of) is the issue trying to check out (Another open ticket)
So many steps! I really thought migrating from the older version of HikaShop to the newer version would be a slam dunk. I was wrong!
The only problem left (that I know of) is the issue trying to check out (Another open ticket)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds