- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 0
404 when trying to save/exit editing views
10 years 8 months ago #228148
by ibextrex
404 when trying to save/exit editing views was created by ibextrex
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.joeysdiner.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.29
Hi, hikashop works fine but I want to edit some text in the display/views but when I try and exit either with cancel or save or save and close it is returning a 404 error page not found. I recently updated to the new version of hikashop.
Any ides???
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.29
Hi, hikashop works fine but I want to edit some text in the display/views but when I try and exit either with cancel or save or save and close it is returning a 404 error page not found. I recently updated to the new version of hikashop.
Any ides???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 8 months ago #228167
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic 404 when trying to save/exit editing views
Hello,
I just tested it on my end and it worked fine, can you :
- Activate the Joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Test it again so that you can see if it display an error message which will help you to understand from what your issue is coming.
I just tested it on my end and it worked fine, can you :
- Activate the Joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Test it again so that you can see if it display an error message which will help you to understand from what your issue is coming.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228571
by ibextrex
Replied by ibextrex on topic 404 when trying to save/exit editing views
Hi, I have activated the debug mode and set error reporting to maximum but still when I save or exit the views editing it returns a 404 page not found?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228579
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 404 when trying to save/exit editing views
Hi,
Did you had the problem before ?
Because normally, such problem comes from the server PHP security module which blocks the POST request because it contains the whole PHP code of the view you're editing and it thinks it might be a hacking attempt.
So you can try editing the view files via the override system of Joomla (which is compatible):
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_to_use_the_Temp...r#Creating_Overrides
Did you had the problem before ?
Because normally, such problem comes from the server PHP security module which blocks the POST request because it contains the whole PHP code of the view you're editing and it thinks it might be a hacking attempt.
So you can try editing the view files via the override system of Joomla (which is compatible):
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_to_use_the_Temp...r#Creating_Overrides
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds