- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
Brands
10 years 7 months ago #229068
by reders
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 Not found
Hi,
I have set up a menu item for Brands.
I did this by creating a Hikashop category menu item and assigned it to 'Brands'
Unfortunately this just sends me to a 404 error page. Even when I create a duplicate page and change the alias to something else, it still tries looking for the same URL.
Any ideas? I believe this may be a conflict with Hikashop and SH404.
Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 Not found
Hi,
I have set up a menu item for Brands.
I did this by creating a Hikashop category menu item and assigned it to 'Brands'
Unfortunately this just sends me to a 404 error page. Even when I create a duplicate page and change the alias to something else, it still tries looking for the same URL.
Any ideas? I believe this may be a conflict with Hikashop and SH404.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229071
by nicolas
Hi,
We don't have that problem on our end and no one else reported such issue.
So it must be some kind of conflict yes. Besides changing the alias I don't see but it's likely linked to the SEF yes since the non SEF URL works just fine on your website:
www.yourwebsite.co.uk/index.php?option=c...&task=listing&cid=10
We don't have that problem on our end and no one else reported such issue.
So it must be some kind of conflict yes. Besides changing the alias I don't see but it's likely linked to the SEF yes since the non SEF URL works just fine on your website:
www.yourwebsite.co.uk/index.php?option=c...&task=listing&cid=10
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229597
by reders
Hi,
I actually managed to fix this issue. All I did was purge the URLs, and also purge the 404 URLs. However, now all the links on the Brands page return 404 pages. I'm wondering if this could be related to my SEF settings in Hikashop, or possibly even the aliases of the categories? At one point some of the product links weren't working.
Strangely, when I purged the URLs the first time, it broke two of my category links. After the third purge all the categories were working again, as was the Brands link, even though I did not change anything, but now I noticed the individual brand links are broken. Any ideas? I am not necessarily saying this is a Hikashop issue - I'm currently unsure what is causing it - but I want to rule out all possibilities so that I can find a fix.
Thank you.
I actually managed to fix this issue. All I did was purge the URLs, and also purge the 404 URLs. However, now all the links on the Brands page return 404 pages. I'm wondering if this could be related to my SEF settings in Hikashop, or possibly even the aliases of the categories? At one point some of the product links weren't working.
Strangely, when I purged the URLs the first time, it broke two of my category links. After the third purge all the categories were working again, as was the Brands link, even though I did not change anything, but now I noticed the individual brand links are broken. Any ideas? I am not necessarily saying this is a Hikashop issue - I'm currently unsure what is causing it - but I want to rule out all possibilities so that I can find a fix.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229621
by nicolas
Hi,
Make sure that the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting is turned off in the HikaShop configuration. Otherwise, the system will use the canonical URLs of your products/categories/brands, and if you have invalid canonical URLs, the links will lead to a 404 error.
Make sure that the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting is turned off in the HikaShop configuration. Otherwise, the system will use the canonical URLs of your products/categories/brands, and if you have invalid canonical URLs, the links will lead to a 404 error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229742
by nicolas
Hi,
Then I don't see why the URL would be broken. How did you configure your brand ? Could you do a screenshot of the settings of a brand for which it doesn't work ?
Then I don't see why the URL would be broken. How did you configure your brand ? Could you do a screenshot of the settings of a brand for which it doesn't work ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229799
by reders
Hi,
Sure, I've attached the settings for one of the brands, and also the brands menu item. I have also found something that could help diagnose the problem. We have added the brand logos underneath the product image on the category view page. When you click this, it goes to a non-SEF URL page of the brand. The menu items are set to go to an SEF URL. Not sure if this is a clue.
Also I purged the URLs again and now my category 'Men's Chefwear' no longer works.
It seems as though some of these 404 links are completely random and change whenever I purge the URLs.
Many thanks
Sure, I've attached the settings for one of the brands, and also the brands menu item. I have also found something that could help diagnose the problem. We have added the brand logos underneath the product image on the category view page. When you click this, it goes to a non-SEF URL page of the brand. The menu items are set to go to an SEF URL. Not sure if this is a clue.
Also I purged the URLs again and now my category 'Men's Chefwear' no longer works.
It seems as though some of these 404 links are completely random and change whenever I purge the URLs.
Many thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #229841
by Philip
Hello,
Everything seems to be well configured... Can you provide us backend references thanks to our "Contact Us" form ?
Use this topic subject to fill in your message subject.
Regards,
Everything seems to be well configured... Can you provide us backend references thanks to our "Contact Us" form ?
Use this topic subject to fill in your message subject.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230170
by Xavier
Hi,
This does not seem to be an HikaShop issue because our router file is not reached.
The 404 error is returned before our treatment.
So please try to edit the config of sh404SEF.
This does not seem to be an HikaShop issue because our router file is not reached.
The 404 error is returned before our treatment.
So please try to edit the config of sh404SEF.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230398
by Xavier
Hi,
I tried on your website to disable the option "Enable URL optimization" in the sh404SEF configuration and without this parameter everything is working as expected.
So it is an issue related on sh404SEF, what you could try is to purge the cache of the urls
I tried on your website to disable the option "Enable URL optimization" in the sh404SEF configuration and without this parameter everything is working as expected.
So it is an issue related on sh404SEF, what you could try is to purge the cache of the urls
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds