- Posts: 224
- Thank you received: 8
simplified registration: uses first part of email?
10 years 6 months ago #232620
by oloccina
simplified registration: uses first part of email? was created by oloccina
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
Hello,
I was wondering if the "simplified registration" method uses the first part of the user email (before @)
to generate the username, or instead the full email.
I have the free edition so I can't check this out, and it's very important for me
because if the username generated is the full email, than all the users emails will be visible on my forum :ohmy:
Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : latest
Hello,
I was wondering if the "simplified registration" method uses the first part of the user email (before @)
to generate the username, or instead the full email.
I have the free edition so I can't check this out, and it's very important for me
because if the username generated is the full email, than all the users emails will be visible on my forum :ohmy:
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #232647
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic simplified registration: uses first part of email?
Hi,
It uses the full email address for the username.
It can however be changed quite easily by changing the line:
$this->registerData->username = $this->registerData->email;
to:
$this->registerData->username = substr($this->registerData->email,0,strpos($this->registerData->email,'@'));
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php
It uses the full email address for the username.
It can however be changed quite easily by changing the line:
$this->registerData->username = $this->registerData->email;
to:
$this->registerData->username = substr($this->registerData->email,0,strpos($this->registerData->email,'@'));
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds