- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Downgrade fom Business to Essential
- Amcastellanosmd@aol.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 6 months ago #234811
by Amcastellanosmd@aol.com
Downgrade fom Business to Essential was created by Amcastellanosmd@aol.com
Attempting to update Hikashop from version 2.0.0 (Business) to 2.6.1 Essentials.
I have this message in the Upgrade/About page for the Hikashop extension: We could not find a valid licence for Hikashop Business attached to your account...You are currently logged as [my email address] on our website but you can go to your account to log out and log in with another username.
When I try to perform the update using the Extension manager in Joomla I receive this error: Unable to write entry
How can I upgrade to the latest version of Hikashop while downgrading from the Business to Essential?.
I have this message in the Upgrade/About page for the Hikashop extension: We could not find a valid licence for Hikashop Business attached to your account...You are currently logged as [my email address] on our website but you can go to your account to log out and log in with another username.
When I try to perform the update using the Extension manager in Joomla I receive this error: Unable to write entry
How can I upgrade to the latest version of Hikashop while downgrading from the Business to Essential?.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #234923
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Downgrade fom Business to Essential
Hi,
That error is a joomla install error caused by a problem on your web server with the folder permissions:
www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/7-installatio...-to-write-entry.html
So it has nothing to do with the downgrade.
To circumvent the problem, the simplest is to run the install via FTP as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...-to-install.html#ftp
That way, you'll be able to run the downgrade even without fixing the permissions.
The downgrade process, like the upgrade process, is seamless so it won't be a problem.
That error is a joomla install error caused by a problem on your web server with the folder permissions:
www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/7-installatio...-to-write-entry.html
So it has nothing to do with the downgrade.
To circumvent the problem, the simplest is to run the install via FTP as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...-to-install.html#ftp
That way, you'll be able to run the downgrade even without fixing the permissions.
The downgrade process, like the upgrade process, is seamless so it won't be a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amcastellanosmd@aol.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Amcastellanosmd@aol.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 6 months ago #235182
by Amcastellanosmd@aol.com
Replied by Amcastellanosmd@aol.com on topic Downgrade fom Business to Essential
Thank you for your help in pointing me in the right direction. Although I wasn't able to install it as depicted in the documentation, I found a post that resolved my issue. I uncompressed the installation files and then compressed them again as a zip file and presto, the update worked!
Here is a link to that post by andres1729: www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/7-installatio...-to-write-entry.html
Here is a link to that post by andres1729: www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/7-installatio...-to-write-entry.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds