- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
No products displayed after update
10 years 5 months ago #236616
by Sparksy
No products displayed after update was created by Sparksy
I recently updated my Hikashop. It was working fine prior to the upgrade. Now when logged in to view ( it has specific access for customers that register as a "type") I get no products displayed. I have not changed any settings other than an upgrade to to Hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236669
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic No products displayed after update
Hi,
Do you have an override on the view "category / listing" ?
If it is, please do a backup of it and remove the override.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Do you have an override on the view "category / listing" ?
If it is, please do a backup of it and remove the override.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236780
by Sparksy
Replied by Sparksy on topic No products displayed after update
I can't seem to rectify the issue. There appears to be no overrides.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236784
by Sparksy
Replied by Sparksy on topic No products displayed after update
On investigation I originally created a categories menu and a brands menu. In 2.6.2 there appears to be no option to create a brands menu? Could this be the basis of the problem.
I have changed a menu to products listing and now all my products show. I would like them back in categories and/or by brand but neither of those two work ( I just get a blank box with hikashop and Joomla blurb)
I have changed a menu to products listing and now all my products show. I would like them back in categories and/or by brand but neither of those two work ( I just get a blank box with hikashop and Joomla blurb)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236825
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic No products displayed after update
Hi,
Even if you create a new category listing menu with the correct settings ?
If not, please provide a backend access to your website via our contact form.
Don't forget to give the link to this topic in the message.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Even if you create a new category listing menu with the correct settings ?
If not, please provide a backend access to your website via our contact form.
Don't forget to give the link to this topic in the message.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236992
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No products displayed after update
Hi,
I've had a hard time finding a menu item to access your categories listing on your website.
I've found this one:
take.ms/kxUdk
It was unpublished and set to be accessible only to the special access level so I temporarily changed to to public and enabled it to be able to access it on the frontend.
As you can see the products in it display just fine after I click on the category of the listing even though it's a categories listing.
So I'm not able to reproduce the problem on your website.
It seems to work just fine.
If you still have a problem, please provide precise instructions to be able to see the problem.
I've had a hard time finding a menu item to access your categories listing on your website.
I've found this one:
take.ms/kxUdk
It was unpublished and set to be accessible only to the special access level so I temporarily changed to to public and enabled it to be able to access it on the frontend.
As you can see the products in it display just fine after I click on the category of the listing even though it's a categories listing.
So I'm not able to reproduce the problem on your website.
It seems to work just fine.
If you still have a problem, please provide precise instructions to be able to see the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #237014
by Sparksy
Replied by Sparksy on topic No products displayed after update
Thanks,
That was definitely the problem. It's a strange one as I have always had those settings for special access on those menu items. The access to the shop is for a select group so it was designed that way.
I can still work around that, so in essence the problem is solved.
Is there not a brand listing menu option in Hikashop anymore?
That was definitely the problem. It's a strange one as I have always had those settings for special access on those menu items. The access to the shop is for a select group so it was designed that way.
I can still work around that, so in essence the problem is solved.
Is there not a brand listing menu option in Hikashop anymore?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #237028
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No products displayed after update
Hi,
You need to create a menu item of the type "HikaShop categories listing" via the Joomla menus manager, and then select the "brand" element in the "main category" setting.
You need to create a menu item of the type "HikaShop categories listing" via the Joomla menus manager, and then select the "brand" element in the "main category" setting.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds