- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Multi-category layout
10 years 5 months ago #239077
by peterowe
Multi-category layout was created by peterowe
I would like to display my products on one single page that includes 4 categories of products.
I have only 4 products in 4 categories and I would like my customers to choose from the full list.
I would also like to have the Category name and short description above each range of products as shown in the attached screenshot.
Is this at all possible?
Is there a product listing module for example, so that I can set up and article and use 'loadposition' to call up each product list module separately on one page?
I have only 4 products in 4 categories and I would like my customers to choose from the full list.
I would also like to have the Category name and short description above each range of products as shown in the attached screenshot.
Is this at all possible?
Is there a product listing module for example, so that I can set up and article and use 'loadposition' to call up each product list module separately on one page?
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #239119
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multi-category layout
Hi,
Create a products listing menu item, and in its "sub elements filter" setting, select "group by category" and it will display like that.
It won't have the category description by default but it's easy to add.
Just add such code:
after the code:
in the file "listing" of the view "product" for your frontend template via the menu Display>Views.
You can also use the loadposition system to load product listing modules in a Joomla article and do that manually.
Create a products listing menu item, and in its "sub elements filter" setting, select "group by category" and it will display like that.
It won't have the category description by default but it's easy to add.
Just add such code:
Code:
<?php echo echo $category['category']->category_description; ?>
Code:
<h2><?php echo $category['category']->category_name; ?></h2>
You can also use the loadposition system to load product listing modules in a Joomla article and do that manually.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds