- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
Frontend Menus missing after update
- magnicdirk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 4 months ago #240892
by magnicdirk
Frontend Menus missing after update was created by magnicdirk
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.magniclight.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
I updated my Hikashop business version from 2.1 to 2.6.3.
Backend is there and works as it should but I don't reach the frontend any more-
just the page showing the different categories:
www.magniclight.com/index.php/en/hikasho...r-categories-listing
But the subpages and the shopping cart don't open:
www.magniclight.com/index.php/en/hikasho...magnic-light-adapter
Do I have to fix this via Joomla configuration or is it a Hikashop issue?
Thank you very much!
Dirk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
I updated my Hikashop business version from 2.1 to 2.6.3.
Backend is there and works as it should but I don't reach the frontend any more-
just the page showing the different categories:
www.magniclight.com/index.php/en/hikasho...r-categories-listing
But the subpages and the shopping cart don't open:
www.magniclight.com/index.php/en/hikasho...magnic-light-adapter
Do I have to fix this via Joomla configuration or is it a Hikashop issue?
Thank you very much!
Dirk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240897
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Hi,
I don't think it's either a Joomla configuration or a HikaShop issue.
It's likely coming from your Joomla template.
Try switching to the default template of Joomla.
If it works then, it means that it must come from the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php of your template.
Rename it via FTP and it should then work with your template too.
I don't think it's either a Joomla configuration or a HikaShop issue.
It's likely coming from your Joomla template.
Try switching to the default template of Joomla.
If it works then, it means that it must come from the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php of your template.
Rename it via FTP and it should then work with your template too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magnicdirk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 4 months ago #240994
by magnicdirk
Replied by magnicdirk on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately switching to the default theme does not help.
In my installation there was an error which has been solved now: Writing to configration.php was not possible.
It seems the hikashop menus have not been updated correctly. Is there a way to repeat the update? (Now it seems a reupdate just checks the current status but does not update the menu structure).
In my installation there was an error which has been solved now: Writing to configration.php was not possible.
It seems the hikashop menus have not been updated correctly. Is there a way to repeat the update? (Now it seems a reupdate just checks the current status but does not update the menu structure).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241010
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Hi,
So maybe it comes from the SEF. Make sure that the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting is turned off in the HikaShop configuration. And if you have the "activate smaller URLs" setting in the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration, make sure that it is turned on. And if you have a third party SEF extension like sh404sef, clear the SEF cache after these changes.
So maybe it comes from the SEF. Make sure that the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting is turned off in the HikaShop configuration. And if you have the "activate smaller URLs" setting in the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration, make sure that it is turned on. And if you have a third party SEF extension like sh404sef, clear the SEF cache after these changes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magnicdirk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 4 months ago #241034
by magnicdirk
Replied by magnicdirk on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
I have turned off SEO in Joomla- This even turns off the display of the category page.
In Hikashop I found no way to turn off SEO/SEF.
But I found that the Hikashop Default menus section only contains the product categories and the registration form- but nothing else. Might this cause the problem?
In Hikashop I found no way to turn off SEO/SEF.
But I found that the Hikashop Default menus section only contains the product categories and the registration form- but nothing else. Might this cause the problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magnicdirk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 4 months ago #241040
by magnicdirk
Replied by magnicdirk on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Is there a place in Hikashop configuration where "force canonical URLs on listings" settings can be turned off? Or do you mean the Joomla configuration?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magnicdirk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 4 months ago #241044
by magnicdirk
Replied by magnicdirk on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Another idea: May it help to install an older version of Hikashop and then re-install the current version? Or is a there a risk in doing so?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241046
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Hi,
I didn't say you should turn off the SEF of your website or HikaShop.
I was only talking about the "force canonical URLs on listings" and "activate smaller URLs" settings that are abvailable in the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration. So as I said in my previous message, you'll find them in the HikaShop configuration page, under the Features tab.
I didn't say you should turn off the SEF of your website or HikaShop.
I was only talking about the "force canonical URLs on listings" and "activate smaller URLs" settings that are abvailable in the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration. So as I said in my previous message, you'll find them in the HikaShop configuration page, under the Features tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: magnicdirk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- magnicdirk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 4 months ago #241115
by magnicdirk
Replied by magnicdirk on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Thank you- Unfortunately this didn't work. Now I have set up a new Joomla system with new Hikashop - and everything works. It seems easier to import the old data in the new system than trying to repair the old one.Do you recommend to insert all Hikashop SQL tables from the old system to the new one?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241118
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Frontend Menus missing after update
Hi,
Yes, that way you are sure to be having all the data correctly.
Yes, that way you are sure to be having all the data correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds