- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Vote and comment section
10 years 3 months ago #243128
by ahen
Vote and comment section was created by ahen
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.ellixer.com/store/product/1-Ellixer-Multi-480ml
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
Hi, I'm finding the vote and comment section a problem.
First of all there is no carriage return on comments, so the user has to scroll horizontally to see the whole comment, a big no-no for websites as I understand.
Also, I've just updated to the latest version of hikashop, and the star votes have disappeared for new voters, so they can't star rate it, and its also disappeared from showing on stars on the product page.
Is there any plugins or extensions which can be used to replace this basic system? Testimonials are so important for selling products and I'm surprised more effort hasn't gone into making this area better for hikashop.
Thanks for any help.
Rgs,
Andy
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
Hi, I'm finding the vote and comment section a problem.
First of all there is no carriage return on comments, so the user has to scroll horizontally to see the whole comment, a big no-no for websites as I understand.
Also, I've just updated to the latest version of hikashop, and the star votes have disappeared for new voters, so they can't star rate it, and its also disappeared from showing on stars on the product page.
Is there any plugins or extensions which can be used to replace this basic system? Testimonials are so important for selling products and I'm surprised more effort hasn't gone into making this area better for hikashop.
Thanks for any help.
Rgs,
Andy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243171
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Vote and comment section
Hi,
Please edit the view "vote / listing" and replace the code:
By:
For the vote stars, there is missing css property, potentially due to your template, so please add the following ones:
You will potentially have to change the image path for the background-image property, or move the image in the correct folder of your template.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
CCommentPro have an integration with us: compojoom.com/joomla-extensions/ccomment
Please edit the view "vote / listing" and replace the code:
Code:
echo $elt->vote_comment;
Code:
echo nl2br($elt->vote_comment);
For the vote stars, there is missing css property, potentially due to your template, so please add the following ones:
Code:
.hk-rating {
margin:auto;
display:inline;
}
.hk-rating a { cursor: pointer; background-color: transparent !important; }
.hk-rate-star {
width:16px;
height:16px;
font-size:2px;
display:inline-block;
text-decoration:none;
vertical-align:bottom;
background-image:url('../images/star.gif') !important;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
}
.hk-rate-star.state-full { background-position:left top; }
.hk-rate-star.state-mid { background-position:left -16px; }
.hk-rate-star.state-empty { background-position:left -32px; }
.hk-rate-star.state-hover { background-position:left -48px !important; }
You will potentially have to change the image path for the background-image property, or move the image in the correct folder of your template.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
CCommentPro have an integration with us: compojoom.com/joomla-extensions/ccomment
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds