Paypal IPN
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
Hi there,
I've got an issue with the ipn. It's been working with no problems for months, and it seems that notificiations don't make it to hikashop since 4 months.
I had a look already on the forum and went through the basics steps to find out the problem with no luck.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
i had a quick look there but I'm reluctant to edit the plugin file, if I don't have to
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...no-confirmation.html
- Hikashop is running on a distant server, up to date, joomla as well
- rsfirewall actived but tried to turn it off (no change)
- sh404 actived but tried to turn it off (no change)
- tested on paypal and sandbox with same result
- checkout menu is public
Had a look on hikashop payment logs ...
had a look on apache logs
but orders state don't change ...
Any clue ?
Thanks for your help
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your payment log says that everything is fine. The payment notification is received, the data is in there. And HikaShop can send the validation to PayPal, but then PayPal refuses it as being invalid. But I don't see what's invalid about it.
I would recommend to contact the PayPal tech support with the content of that payment log so that they can have a look to tell you why that validation request would be invalid.
Also, it might come from the new rules of PayPal regarding HTTPS and SSL certificates. Maybe the SSL module of PHP you're using on your web server uses an encryption method which isn't supported anymore by PayPal. But maybe it's something else. PayPal should be able tot tell you more precisely what is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm getting back to paypal.
have a very nice day
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- the answer is INVALID because the message sent from the website is not the same as the one sent by paypal (paypal mentioned the character pb in the log)
- it could come from a different character set (i did't change anything in my template, or in the environnment)
Any clue ?
thank you
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see why it would be a problem. We have the same plugin on our website, and we have customers from more than a hundred countries with addresses with special characters and the payment notifications are valid.
I see however in your payment log that there is the charset parameter set to windows-1252 while HikaShop asks PayPal to use UTF8: take.ms/OOGL1
So maybe it's linked to that.
If you try with an address without special characters (accents) does it work ?
If so, maybe the issue is with your web server settings not using utf8 or something like that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know it must be something on my side, but there were no changes to this website fort the last 6 moths ( just updates from components) so I don't understand how things like charset could have been altered.
The log is from my actual test account, which I used for my first tests (and it was working fine with no problem with the accents).
I'll have a try with a name with no accents ...
thanks for your help
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It would potentially come from an update of the web server (apache or PHP) or a change in their settings if it's about the charset.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
with no luck
it still show 'windows-1252' in the payment log ... how can I change this ? where is it coming from ?
i don't think it's server related, I would have issues on other websites.
thanks for your help
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The windows-1252 comes from the parameters sent by PayPal during the payment notification.
I'm not sure why they do that and don't send them in UTF8. There is no reason since HikaShop sends the charset parameter in UTF8 when you're redirected to PayPal at the end of the checkout.
Maybe there is something to change in the settings of the PayPal merchant account ?
Maybe the PayPal support can tell you why they use that charset and not UTF8 there ?
Also, did it work without the accents ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
the thing is the first time hikashop is sendig infos to paypal : accents are there. It seems the problem is coming afterwards.
Actually there are parameters for the charset of the paypal button, here is the url, it may help others.
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofilewe...le-language-encoding .
I need to make more tests see if it's working ...
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know about these parameters. Actually, as I was saying in my previous message, HikaShop already use the charset parameter when sending the customer to PayPal:
take.ms/IQqic
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've got an issue, so I'm trying to understand and look around to find a solution.
- I tried to edit the button (throught the url), it doesn't change a thing
- I tried with no special characters (in the name), it doesn't work neither
- paypal answer is it's coming from their side ....
i'd appreciate any help
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No problem, I was just pointing out that it's not coming from that charset parameter.
I see that there is still the address state with special characters in your new test. So if it comes from a problem with special characters, it's normal that there is still the problem.
Try to remove the special character in that state zone, or use another one and see if that helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
---
seb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Try checking the default_charset setting of your php.ini :
php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.default-charset
Make sure that it is set to UTF-8.
And if that doesn't help in UTF-8, try setting it to windows-1252 which is the charset referenced by PayPal in the payment notification they send to your server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.