Unable to update products after upgrade
- abstractimagegroup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #249761
by abstractimagegroup
Abstract Image Group | Fulfilling all of your large format printing needs!
Unable to update products after upgrade was created by abstractimagegroup
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome v52.0.2743.116
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
I recently upgraded from Joomla 2.5.28 using Hikashop 2.3.4 to Joomla 3.6.2 using Hikashop 2.6.4. I did a simple migration and everything went perfect. No errors at all were thrown. But one thing I have noticed is that I can no longer update any products. I get an error that states "Error - An element with the same alias already exists. Error Saving"
I still have access to the 2.5 site and I am able to update the products just fine. I went through all of the settings and configuration and everything matches.
Have I missed something?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome v52.0.2743.116
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
I recently upgraded from Joomla 2.5.28 using Hikashop 2.3.4 to Joomla 3.6.2 using Hikashop 2.6.4. I did a simple migration and everything went perfect. No errors at all were thrown. But one thing I have noticed is that I can no longer update any products. I get an error that states "Error - An element with the same alias already exists. Error Saving"
I still have access to the 2.5 site and I am able to update the products just fine. I went through all of the settings and configuration and everything matches.
Have I missed something?
Abstract Image Group | Fulfilling all of your large format printing needs!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 weeks ago #249802
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Unable to update products after upgrade
Hi,
No, that's normal. Before there was no check on the alias of products. Now there is a check to make sure that the alias you enter in your products is unique.
So please make sure that it is the case.
If you get that error, it means that you have another product with the same alias on your website and that could create problems.
So make sure that they use different aliases and you'll be able to save the products.
No, that's normal. Before there was no check on the alias of products. Now there is a check to make sure that the alias you enter in your products is unique.
So please make sure that it is the case.
If you get that error, it means that you have another product with the same alias on your website and that could create problems.
So make sure that they use different aliases and you'll be able to save the products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
9 years 10 months ago #255529
by storeitonline
Replied by storeitonline on topic Unable to update products after upgrade
I had the same issue, and it turns out to error on the SEO Alias !
Perhaps a small change in code to include the ´product code´ to the alias would be helpfull ?
Perhaps a small change in code to include the ´product code´ to the alias would be helpfull ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #255557
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Unable to update products after upgrade
Hi,
If you don't fill in the alias then you won't get that error. You only get it if you enter an alias that already exists.
And if you activate the auto fill aliases setting of the HikaShop configuration, the HikaShop will try filling the alias based on the product name.
But if you don't want any alias, then you should keep that option turned off.
If you don't fill in the alias then you won't get that error. You only get it if you enter an alias that already exists.
And if you activate the auto fill aliases setting of the HikaShop configuration, the HikaShop will try filling the alias based on the product name.
But if you don't want any alias, then you should keep that option turned off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds