- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
Newly added category and sub-category not displaying
-- Joomla version -- : Latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Newly added category and sub-category not displaying
Hi,
Please can you help with this.
Under one of my main categories - ' General Business Services', I have added a sub-category called 'Functional Area' and under that I've added 10 sub-categories. For some reason they are not displaying.
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't understand why i need to create a new sub menu here because when I created the other similar sub-categories, I did not need to do this.
Under the same category 'General Business Services' I had perviously created many similar sub-categories within Hikashop categories. For example 'IT & Telecommunication related services', 'Business Consultancy' etc
I am now wanting to add this sub-category 'Functional Services' under the Category 'General Business Services'.
Please can you help me with this as i have created it in the back end but it is not showing up on the front end.
I have also added a 5th new main category called 'Functions & People' with sub-categories but that is also not displaying on the home page.
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, I am using Hikashop categories.
Once again, I've not needed to edit any modules for previously setting up the categories so why is it required now?
I'm not sure you are understanding my specific problem here. please see the attached screen shot, which might help.
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
Maybe someone else can comment but I'm pretty sure my suggestion will fix your problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't even see the "Functional area" category on your categories module.
Please make sure that the categories are all published, even the "Functional area" one.
Also, it could be linked to some caching in place on your website. Please try clearing the cache of the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The 'Functional Area' category not displaying on my website is the very reason i have raised this support request ticket.
If you see the screen shot I attached earlier and now again, you will see an arrow pointing to it and it is published as well.
Accordingly, I would appreciate your help with getting it to display.
I have cleared the cache for updates but I don't know how else to clear the cache of my website. Please can you guide me?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry, but I don't get that 'System' menu tab on my Joomla.
I get Site and within there, no clear cache options.
I've attached what I get.
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 5
I don't have a link to your site unfortunately, so I'm having to guess, which is not great!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your categories listing module is not a HikaShop module. It's a third party extension.
So maybe there is a problem with it ? Are the categories properly displayed if you use a HikaShop content module like the "categories on 2 levels" one which is preinstalled by default ?
If yes, then the problem in is the module, if not, then the problem is in the categories themselves.
As I said, check that they are enabled.
Also, they might not be displayed because they don't have any products, or you have configured them to be displayed only for some user groups.
Finally, you can try to click on the "rebuild" button of the categories listing, it might help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. Yes, it is a 3rd party extension called multilevel categories accordion from Exstore.
2. How do I check that the categories are enabled?
3. Other categories and sub-categories are being displayed which don't have any products in them and it configured for public access.
4. Where is this 'rebuild' button? and what will happen if I do that? i.e. will I loose all my current allocation of products to each category?
5. My question is if the main category ' General Business Services' has the same configuration and no change has been made, then why are ALL the other sub-categories being displayed on the front end except one 'Functional Area' ? (see backend screen shot attached again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2. Go in the menu Products>Categories, click on the parent category of the category you want to check in the "explorer" on the left, and look at the "published" column value for your category.
4. In the menu Products>Categories, you'll find that button. You won't loose anything. That button can only fix things in some cases, but never break or remove anything.
5. I don't know why. Did you try to display the categories with the "categories on 2 levels" module that I talked about in my previous message ? What was the result ? Did it work ? It would be essential to know that in order to narrow down the possibilities.
If it displays find with the module of HikaShop, then the problem in with that 3rd party module you're using which must be missing something. If it doesn't, then the problem is with the data of the categories. The rebuild process might help in that case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your help.
2. They are all published. When you said enabled, I was wondering if that was something other that published hence the question. Now I understand they mean the same thing - so resolved.
I have now found the solution, it was a simple thing. I had to enter each of the sub-category id's in to the 3rd party accordion component and after doing that they are all displaying perfectly.
Thank you guys for your help as it helped me learn to figure this out so much appreciated.
Cheers
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.