- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Some variants don't get imported for some reason
9 years 10 months ago #254877
by davidvan
Some variants don't get imported for some reason was created by davidvan
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 7
Hello,
I've created an excell file with different products, with main products and variants.
I have different products with multiple variants, that are set in the same way.
When I import the csv of it, for some reason hikashop imports most of the variants, but doesn't import all of them.
I can't figure out why he leaves out some of them.
Can someone assist me to find a possible solution?
I've added a file with some products where some variants don't get imported for some reason.
Thanks in advance
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 7
Hello,
I've created an excell file with different products, with main products and variants.
I have different products with multiple variants, that are set in the same way.
When I import the csv of it, for some reason hikashop imports most of the variants, but doesn't import all of them.
I can't figure out why he leaves out some of them.
Can someone assist me to find a possible solution?
I've added a file with some products where some variants don't get imported for some reason.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254906
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
Hi,
The CSV looks quite good to me.
Maybe the problem is that the values you use in the "Maat" column of your CSV aren't registered as values in the "Maat" characteristic of your website ?
The CSV looks quite good to me.
Maybe the problem is that the values you use in the "Maat" column of your CSV aren't registered as values in the "Maat" characteristic of your website ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #254917
by davidvan
Replied by davidvan on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
That's what I thougt too, but in some products the characteristic is used and works properly.
As far as I can see they're all defined.
Another issue that I encouter is that when i import my csv, that none of my products with variants have no default variant selected, although in my main product line it is defined.?
Could this be linked with each other or could you give me some advise on how to define a default value in my csv?
Thanks in advance.
As far as I can see they're all defined.
Another issue that I encouter is that when i import my csv, that none of my products with variants have no default variant selected, although in my main product line it is defined.?
Could this be linked with each other or could you give me some advise on how to define a default value in my csv?
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by davidvan. Reason: Extra problem
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254923
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
Hi,
Well, I had a second look at the CSV and still don't see any problem with it.
Make sure that you don't have any extra characters for the product_code, product_parent_id and Maat values for these variants in your CSV. And make sure that you don't already have variants/products with the same product_code in the database.
For the images, I see that you have some extra characters after the commas and the images might not display properly because of that, but it shouldn't change anything for the variants import.
Well, I had a second look at the CSV and still don't see any problem with it.
Make sure that you don't have any extra characters for the product_code, product_parent_id and Maat values for these variants in your CSV. And make sure that you don't already have variants/products with the same product_code in the database.
For the images, I see that you have some extra characters after the commas and the images might not display properly because of that, but it shouldn't change anything for the variants import.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254956
by davidvan
Replied by davidvan on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
ok I'll take a look at it.
Could you give me some advice on my seond proble, how to define the default characteristic in the csv/excell.
At this moment every import leads to products that after import have a list of variants, but there is no default characteristic set.
it creates an error "Hika_not_default_variant.
Thanks in advance
Could you give me some advice on my seond proble, how to define the default characteristic in the csv/excell.
At this moment every import leads to products that after import have a list of variants, but there is no default characteristic set.
it creates an error "Hika_not_default_variant.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254984
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
Hi,
You already do that in your CSV. The default characteristic value is entered in the characteristic cell of the main product and that's how the import system knows which characteristics are necessary for a product and what the default value should be used for it.
So I don't see why it would do that unless the value entered their doesn't exist in the characteristic in your backend. Again, maybe it's related to the values having extra characters on the website or in the CSV.
You already do that in your CSV. The default characteristic value is entered in the characteristic cell of the main product and that's how the import system knows which characteristics are necessary for a product and what the default value should be used for it.
So I don't see why it would do that unless the value entered their doesn't exist in the characteristic in your backend. Again, maybe it's related to the values having extra characters on the website or in the CSV.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #255339
by davidvan
Replied by davidvan on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
For some reason it works when i changed the name form characteristic in the csv from Kleur to Color and in hikashop.
I still have one problem, from my entire csv 35 variants don't get imported. I noticed that when i delete all my products and import the csv, hikashop says that import succeeded, but that 35 products already exist. This doesn't seem to be a coincidence that this is the same amount.
Could someone give me an advice on what to do?
Thanks in advance.
I still have one problem, from my entire csv 35 variants don't get imported. I noticed that when i delete all my products and import the csv, hikashop says that import succeeded, but that 35 products already exist. This doesn't seem to be a coincidence that this is the same amount.
Could someone give me an advice on what to do?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #255365
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Some variants don't get imported for some reason
Hi,
Maybe the problem comes from the way the products are deleted.
After you deleted them, go in your phpmyadmin and edit the tables: hikashop_product hikashop_product_category hikashop_variant hikashop_price and hikashop_product_related
All these tables should be empty. If not, empty them.
Then try again.
Maybe the problem comes from the way the products are deleted.
After you deleted them, go in your phpmyadmin and edit the tables: hikashop_product hikashop_product_category hikashop_variant hikashop_price and hikashop_product_related
All these tables should be empty. If not, empty them.
Then try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds