silly question: how to upgrade to Hikashop 3.0.1?
9 years 5 months ago #268832
by hactic
silly question: how to upgrade to Hikashop 3.0.1? was created by hactic
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
shop.smartgart.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
Hi, I am on Joomla 3.7.0 and HikaShop Business 2.6.3.
I click on > Components > HikaShop > Documentation > Update./About
> "Your version is 2.6.3, the latest stable version is 3.0.1. Please click here to download the latest version of Hikashop Business and install it"
I can then download the .tar.gz file, but (silly question) how do I actually install it on the web server?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
Hi, I am on Joomla 3.7.0 and HikaShop Business 2.6.3.
I click on > Components > HikaShop > Documentation > Update./About
> "Your version is 2.6.3, the latest stable version is 3.0.1. Please click here to download the latest version of Hikashop Business and install it"
I can then download the .tar.gz file, but (silly question) how do I actually install it on the web server?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 5 months ago #268834
by hactic
Replied by hactic on topic silly question: how to upgrade to Hikashop 3.0.1?
Did it. - Back uploaded the .tar.gz, unzipped, then "installed" the update.
No tables getting being dropped I think
... but a style sheet issue that I need to look into.
No tables getting being dropped I think
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #268837
by hactic
Replied by hactic on topic style sheet issue after upgrade
... my fault - patching back my changes in media\com_hikashop\css\frontend_default.css tomorrow .. :side:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by hactic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #268864
by hactic
Replied by hactic on topic style sheet issue after upgrade
The error was not in the style sheet but in my category and product definition:
I had set an excessively large width that did not effect in 2.6.3 but did in 3.0.1.
So panels were simply overlapping with a huge white border, and the last panels in the row or those with bigger images won for display.
I misperceived this to be a style issue - it was simply misconfigured from my end.
I had set an excessively large width that did not effect in 2.6.3 but did in 3.0.1.
So panels were simply overlapping with a huge white border, and the last panels in the row or those with bigger images won for display.
I misperceived this to be a style issue - it was simply misconfigured from my end.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by hactic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds