- Posts: 252
- Thank you received: 1
export hikasho to the new desing site
9 years 3 months ago #272561
by twscott
export hikasho to the new desing site was created by twscott
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.livetv.com.tw
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 6.5
Hi,
We've redesign our site and about to release. The new installed hikashop is empty.
How do I export my existing data which have some custom fields and our own created plugins to the new site?
By the way, the existing site is still in version 2.6.X. Thanks in advance
Best regards
Scott
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 6.5
Hi,
We've redesign our site and about to release. The new installed hikashop is empty.
How do I export my existing data which have some custom fields and our own created plugins to the new site?
By the way, the existing site is still in version 2.6.X. Thanks in advance
Best regards
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #272573
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic export hikasho to the new desing site
Hi,
You can export the tables hikashop_ from your phpmyadmin and import them on your new database instead of the tables.
Then, click on the "check database" button in the HikaShop configuration to fix all the tables so that they work properly with the new version of HikaShop you're using.
Finally, you can also copy the files and sub folders in media/com_hikashop/upload and images/com_hikashop/upload and install your custom plugins on the new website.
You might have to save once the settings in the HikaShop configuration in order to get the new settings properly saved as well and maybe you want to check on them so that they are configured like you want for your new website).
You can export the tables hikashop_ from your phpmyadmin and import them on your new database instead of the tables.
Then, click on the "check database" button in the HikaShop configuration to fix all the tables so that they work properly with the new version of HikaShop you're using.
Finally, you can also copy the files and sub folders in media/com_hikashop/upload and images/com_hikashop/upload and install your custom plugins on the new website.
You might have to save once the settings in the HikaShop configuration in order to get the new settings properly saved as well and maybe you want to check on them so that they are configured like you want for your new website).
The following user(s) said Thank You: twscott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #289601
by rtmetalli
Replied by rtmetalli on topic export hikasho to the new desing site
hello nicolas, I'm going to do the same thing with my template,
if I understand correctly I will normally install hikashop on the new site, and then amount the tables exported from the old site right? I think phpadmin can tell me that the tables that I'm trying to import are already present in the database, so we must first delete the tables created by the new installation of hikashop?
if I understand correctly I will normally install hikashop on the new site, and then amount the tables exported from the old site right? I think phpadmin can tell me that the tables that I'm trying to import are already present in the database, so we must first delete the tables created by the new installation of hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #289608
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic export hikasho to the new desing site
Hi,
It's better to first import the tables (and change their prefix if necessary) and then install HikaShop. It will find the old tables and update them automatically during the install process.
It's better to first import the tables (and change their prefix if necessary) and then install HikaShop. It will find the old tables and update them automatically during the install process.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds