Skip to main content

Show categories only

More
9 years 2 months ago #275413 by alve89
Show categories only was created by alve89
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 10.1

Hey guys,

I added a menu item of the type "category listing" but this displays products as well (see screenshot). How can I set only displaying categories?


Thanks in advance and best regards
Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #275416 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Show categories only
Hello,

If you do not display the products and open a category which do not have sub categories you will just get a blank page.
So why do you want to only display categories ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #275580 by alve89
Replied by alve89 on topic Show categories only
Hello Jerome,

thank you for your answer.

I want this because I have no empty categories. I have a category A and products P in A. And as menu item I want to show A, not the products of it. These could I display as a sub menu item by displaying products of a category.

So how can I make this work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #275585 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Show categories only
Hello,

I want this because I have no empty categories

I'm sorry but that's not possible.
It is not possible that all your categories have sub categories. It's like saying than every humans have kids.
So please read my message very carefully :

If you do not display the products and open a category which do not have sub categories you will just get a blank page.


And than please clarify your request

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #275650 by alve89
Replied by alve89 on topic Show categories only
Okay, let's try it this way:

Category A is the only category. There are no sub categories but products P within A. When clicking the menu item "Shop" I want all main categories (here it is only A) to be displayed. Nothing else - no sub categories, no products.
When then clicking category A, all sub categories (currently there aren't any) and products should be displayed. Is this better understandable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #275666 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Show categories only
Hi,

Then you need to change the "sub elements filter" setting under the "products options" of your menu item to "direct sub elements" instead of "all sub elements" so that you only see the products directly linked to the current category instead of seeing the products linked to the current category and all of its sub categories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum