- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Trouble after installing the attache invoice plugin
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF57
Hi,
after I installed the attache invoice plugin I get the errormsg after confirming a order with the option send email to the customer.
What's going wrong?
Greetings
Richard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It looks like you're using the "PDF Invoice plugin" in the same time that the "PDF Serial" plugin.
I can't explain why the "PDF Invoice" is trying to load files from the hikaserial inc/tcpdf folder ; It would be interesting to know more about your configuration to understand fully the context and why these two are in conflict.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
yes I use both. With the serial plugin I generate a unique number for the sold tickets. I tried to create on the same way the invoice but I did not find a way to list the ordered items. I'm just new to Hikashop... maybe there is a way to do this with the serial plugin?
I can grand you an admin access to the backend to check out the config.
Regards
Ritchie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Nicolas is performing some tests in order to update HTML2PDF and the TCPDF lib ; so it will use a recent version, as HikaSerial.
In the mean time, I'm seeing if I can use namespaces for the PDF lib in HikaSerial.
Unfortunately, there is no fast solution. Both ways would need some time and test to be sure that it's working fine.
And since it's a really big library (25k lines of code just for the main file) we are sure that we will need to perform a lot of test.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm fighting with a workaround. I try to build my own invoice.php in the media/com_hikashop/plugins folder. Maybe I use a simplified invoice for the moment with only a logo on it and do not try to design an invoice like we have on paper... there is a problem with the css option background-image because I need to enable the allow_url_fopen option and there is also an issue with the provider...
For the future a option to put a template pdf or png into the background would be a great deal for us.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We talked with Nicolas and he think that he will be able to update the libs in the PDF invoice plugin.
By using the latest TCPDF version ; the compatibility issue should be no more.
Afterwards we saw that there is a new implementation of TCPDF started about 2 years ago and which using namespaces but we don't know when that project will be considered as stable.
Which plugin are you talking about exactly ?For the future a option to put a template pdf or png into the background would be a great deal for us.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I checked the parsingCss.class.php for the warning and error. And I found that the requestet file htmlcolors.php (line 97: require(K_PATH_MAIN.'htmlcolors.php');) is only a part of the tcpdf from the attach invoice plugin. I copied the file htmlcolors from the plugins/hikashop/attachinvoice/attachinvoice/_tcpdf_5.0.002/ folder to the administrator/components/com_hikaserial/inc/tcpdf/ folder and the error is gone. But - guess - the colors in the invoice is gone... argh... so I will change the colors in the invoice.php again... And yes, I know this is only a workaround...
For us it would be nice to use our regular pdf templates which we use for printed invoices (when customers order different goods or we have to account our services). It doesn't matter in which plugin this is going to be realized...
Regards
Ritchie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but I still don't understand what is your feature request.
If you want to customize the "attach invoice" ; please check the HTML2Pdf documentation since that plugin is using this library.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
yes I can customize the attachinvoice plugin. I did it right now. However to customize the attachinvoice to fit our company default invoice template on paper it is a lot of work... so if it would possible to configure a pdf file which is then placed to the invoice background and this file contains the default invoice template of our company - this pdf template contains all logos, legal company infos and so on - only the customers address and his order has to be configured in the hikashop plugin to provide a invoice to the customer... more clear now?
Regards
Ritchie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I see what you mean. That would however require rewriting completely the attachinvoice plugin since that would basicely mean that you would have a tags in the PDF that the plugin could replace with the data from the order, like we do with the email system (menu System>Emails). Plus this means that you need to know how to create such PDF template file (and have the software for that) and what tags to use in it.
I'm not sure this would be easier than using the system we already have, where you can already do a lot of customization with only knowing HTML and CSS (which, if you're developing a website, you probably already know).
The biggest issue is that PDF is a pain to support properly for PHP software

I've just updated the PDF invoice plugin on our website with the new version, which now includes the latest version of Html2Pdf and TCPDF. If you use it, it should now work properly with HikaSerial's PDF plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now I'm a bit confused. Why so complicated? You do have a great tool for this: the hika serial. Here I put a PDF file into the background and place the content on x/y coordinates to the PDF... why don't using this system for the invoice, too? If there is a value for all the ordered items in the hika serial I would use this...
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
after installing the new attachinvoice plugin I get these errors:
- klicking on Invoice in the order overview:
Error-Orderoverview_1-New-AttachInvoicePlugin-Dec2017.PNG
Error-Orderoverview_2-New-AttachInvoicePlugin-Dec2017.PNG
- klicking on Invoice in the order detail view:
Error-New-AttachInvoicePlugin-Dec2017.PNG
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. Well, first the system in HikaSerial cannot be use "as is" because we're not dealing with the same data. Moreover, the system there doesn't support the display of lists of data (like a listing of the products in the order, which is mandatory in an invoice).
And finally, the system in HikaSerial cannot be used in a plugin configuration page. It would require making a component for that.
So even if we were to use the system in HikaSerial and added to it in some way the support of lists of data (which would basically mean a whole make over of the interface), it would still require a complete rewrite of the PDF invoice plugin.
It would actually be a bit easier to start from scratch than using what's in HikaSerial I think.
2. That's strange as it works fine on my end. I've added some patch to it and uploaded a new package. Please try with it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do I got the right version?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I hope you did because I uploaded the right one
Could you provide a backend and a FTP access via our contact form so that we can have a look at the situation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
have send the info via the contact form.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried to access your FTP server but it didn't work:
monosnap.com/file/1xuaiJVNEJ94fglt1D6tnS60TjagVU
Could you double check the information you sent because it seems that there is some kind of mistake.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you, it worked.
I was able to debug the situation and applied a fix for that.
I've also updated the install package of the PDF invoice plugin on our website for other people with the same issue seeing this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.