- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Long Haul Upgrade Joomla 2.5 to latest and Hikashop 1.6 to latest
8 years 3 months ago #293751
by chawbs
-- HikaShop version -- : 1.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All Browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none yet
Hi Folks
I am looking for advice as to how to go about the upgrade - and please don't say use the inline updates because these versions I have to upgrade from are far too old... I have tried on staging sites and no upgrades can seem to handle the big gap...
The web site has Joomla 2.5.28, PHP 5.5, Hikashop 1.6.0 Business (not my license, the charity I am doing the work for owns the license), Moodle 2.2... I think the starting point is going to have to be Hikashop upgrade, then Moodle, then PHP & Joomla as a final step... or it may be that I have to do manual updates on all sections all at once while the site is offline altogether...
So, my starter question is: What version of Hikashop can I upgrade to which will be compatible with PHP 7 and PHP 5.5 - that way I have a stepping stone to hobble to before Joomla update (which cannot go through as the server stands)
Regards
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All Browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none yet
Hi Folks
I am looking for advice as to how to go about the upgrade - and please don't say use the inline updates because these versions I have to upgrade from are far too old... I have tried on staging sites and no upgrades can seem to handle the big gap...
The web site has Joomla 2.5.28, PHP 5.5, Hikashop 1.6.0 Business (not my license, the charity I am doing the work for owns the license), Moodle 2.2... I think the starting point is going to have to be Hikashop upgrade, then Moodle, then PHP & Joomla as a final step... or it may be that I have to do manual updates on all sections all at once while the site is offline altogether...
So, my starter question is: What version of Hikashop can I upgrade to which will be compatible with PHP 7 and PHP 5.5 - that way I have a stepping stone to hobble to before Joomla update (which cannot go through as the server stands)
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #293763
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Long Haul Upgrade Joomla 2.5 to latest and Hikashop 1.6 to latest
Hello,
Then you'll see that HikaShop 2.6.2 do have PHP7 support.
And you'll also see that the drop of PHP4 support has been made for HikaShop 2.0.0
But even the latest HikaShop release are compatible with PHP 5.x since PHP 5.3 is the minimum required version of Joomla 3
Regards,
You can refer to the changelog : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.htmlWhat version of Hikashop can I upgrade to which will be compatible with PHP 7 and PHP 5.5
Then you'll see that HikaShop 2.6.2 do have PHP7 support.
And you'll also see that the drop of PHP4 support has been made for HikaShop 2.0.0
But even the latest HikaShop release are compatible with PHP 5.x since PHP 5.3 is the minimum required version of Joomla 3
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chawbs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds