- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Joomla Update System?
7 years 4 months ago #306460
by iwim
Joomla Update System? was created by iwim
Hey,
I have Hikashop Essential and I want to update from 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 .
In your documentation it says I have to upload a new version to my site by uploading in Extensions > Install.
But in JED it says Hikashop uses the Joomla update system...
And under Extensions > Update sites Hikashop is listed.
So, can I use the Joomla Update System or not?
Or does it only work after I have attached a website to my subscription? (I'm currently on localhost)
Thank you,
Wim
I have Hikashop Essential and I want to update from 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 .
In your documentation it says I have to upload a new version to my site by uploading in Extensions > Install.
But in JED it says Hikashop uses the Joomla update system...
And under Extensions > Update sites Hikashop is listed.
So, can I use the Joomla Update System or not?
Or does it only work after I have attached a website to my subscription? (I'm currently on localhost)
Thank you,
Wim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 4 months ago #306465
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla Update System?
Hi,
Yes, you can use the Joomla update system. It will do actually the same as if you download the install package on our website and install it on your website. The Joomla update system will download the install package from our website and directly run the installation of that package.
Note however that the Joomla update system requires indeed that the URL of the website corresponds to the URL you have for your subscription on our website so if your website is still on your localhost, you'll have to do the update manually until you move it online.
Yes, you can use the Joomla update system. It will do actually the same as if you download the install package on our website and install it on your website. The Joomla update system will download the install package from our website and directly run the installation of that package.
Note however that the Joomla update system requires indeed that the URL of the website corresponds to the URL you have for your subscription on our website so if your website is still on your localhost, you'll have to do the update manually until you move it online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 4 months ago #306520
by iwim
Replied by iwim on topic Joomla Update System?
Cool.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds