- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
Subdomain license?
6 years 10 months ago #313373
by Hikarioo
Subdomain license? was created by Hikarioo
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.24
We have a Business license. Our new site is not live yet.
Is it possible to get a temporary subdomain license under our existing license,
where new.domain.com is the new site and the license is for domain.com?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.24
We have a Business license. Our new site is not live yet.
Is it possible to get a temporary subdomain license under our existing license,
where new.domain.com is the new site and the license is for domain.com?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313379
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subdomain license?
Hi,
No need for an extra license. You can use your HikaShop Business on that sub domain, no problem.
Note that you can also change the URL of the license in the menu My account>My subscriptions.
So you can always enter there the URL of your temporary subdomain there and change it to your main domain once you migrate the website.
No need for an extra license. You can use your HikaShop Business on that sub domain, no problem.
Note that you can also change the URL of the license in the menu My account>My subscriptions.
So you can always enter there the URL of your temporary subdomain there and change it to your main domain once you migrate the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313397
by Hikarioo
Replied by Hikarioo on topic Subdomain license?
When I try to use Hikashop on the new.domain.com I get an error about domain activation/license.
I can't change the URL under my account, we are still using old site (domain.com vs new.domain.com).
If I try to add new.domain.com to my account on Hikashop I get a checkout cart option.
I can't change the URL under my account, we are still using old site (domain.com vs new.domain.com).
If I try to add new.domain.com to my account on Hikashop I get a checkout cart option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313402
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subdomain license?
Hi,
HikaShop won't display an error message about domain activation/license unless you're trying to update it.
But in that case, you can just download the install package from our website and install it on yours. It will do the update and you won't get the error message on the updater.
I don't see why you would get an error message elsewhere because of that. So if that's the case, please provide more information on the error.
And you can change the URL in your account. Just change it temporarily. Your old website will still work. It's just the update system which won't work while you have it set to your subdomain.
HikaShop won't display an error message about domain activation/license unless you're trying to update it.
But in that case, you can just download the install package from our website and install it on yours. It will do the update and you won't get the error message on the updater.
I don't see why you would get an error message elsewhere because of that. So if that's the case, please provide more information on the error.
And you can change the URL in your account. Just change it temporarily. Your old website will still work. It's just the update system which won't work while you have it set to your subdomain.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313488
by Hikarioo
Replied by Hikarioo on topic Subdomain license?
Okay, I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. I have all the settings copied over. The product category is set up exactly as the production site. The category and cart are loaded on a page using {loadposition} in Joomla. The cart module shows fine, the product page is not listing anything. I'm using Joomla on Yootheme. I know it could be a billion things at this point but any suggestions would be welcome. I checked everything like 10 times.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313494
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subdomain license?
Hi,
First, switch temporarily to the default template of Joomla and see if that helps. If so, it means that there is a problem with a view override in the template. Probably the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php that you need to rename via FTP in order to deactivate the override.
If not, then it's probably linked to the settings of your menu item.
Could you provide a link to the page with the issue, and some screenshots of the settings of the menu item you're using to access the product page ?
First, switch temporarily to the default template of Joomla and see if that helps. If so, it means that there is a problem with a view override in the template. Probably the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php that you need to rename via FTP in order to deactivate the override.
If not, then it's probably linked to the settings of your menu item.
Could you provide a link to the page with the issue, and some screenshots of the settings of the menu item you're using to access the product page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #313537
by Hikarioo
Replied by Hikarioo on topic Subdomain license?
It doesn't seem to be the template related.
The menu item product page listing works fine.
I have trouble getting category listing with HikaShop Content Module.
In the same article/page I'm using HikaShop Cart Module and and that loads just fine.
HikaShop Content Module is not showing any category items for some reason, testing this category in menu item works fine using HikaShop » Categories listing. I guess that means category and items are setup correctly.
I'm loading both plugins on the same article/page using {loadposition postion100} and {loadposition postion101} shortcodes.
I don't know maybe I'm missing some obvious setting in HikaShop.
Looking at the page, the cart module seems to load but I see no trace of HikaShop Content Module at all.
Thanks for taking time to help and reply.
EDIT: the new site is not published yet. i can share if there is a way to send you login confidentially.
The menu item product page listing works fine.
I have trouble getting category listing with HikaShop Content Module.
In the same article/page I'm using HikaShop Cart Module and and that loads just fine.
HikaShop Content Module is not showing any category items for some reason, testing this category in menu item works fine using HikaShop » Categories listing. I guess that means category and items are setup correctly.
I'm loading both plugins on the same article/page using {loadposition postion100} and {loadposition postion101} shortcodes.
I don't know maybe I'm missing some obvious setting in HikaShop.
Looking at the page, the cart module seems to load but I see no trace of HikaShop Content Module at all.
Code:
<div class="uk-margin-top" property="text">
<p>Tickets</p>
<p>HikaShop Content Module: <br> HikaShop Cart Module: </p><div class="moduletable">
<div class="hikashop_cart_module {" id="hikashop_cart_module">
<script type="text/javascript">
window.Oby.registerAjax(["cart.updated","checkout.cart.updated"], function(params) {
var o = window.Oby, el = document.getElementById('hikashop_cart_143');
if(!el) return;
if(params && params.resp && (params.resp.ret === 0 || params.resp.module == 143)) return;
if(params && params.type && params.type != 'cart') return;
o.addClass(el, "hikashop_checkout_loading");
o.xRequest("/component/hikashop/product/cart/module_id-143/module_type-cart/tmpl-component", {update: el, mode:'POST', data:'return_url=aHR0cDovL25ldy5ncmVnb3J5c2Nob29sLm9yZy90aGVhdGVy'}, function(xhr){
o.removeClass(el, "hikashop_checkout_loading");
});
});
</script>
<div id="hikashop_cart_143" class="hikashop_cart">
<div class="hikashop_checkout_loading_elem"></div>
<div class="hikashop_checkout_loading_spinner small_spinner small_cart"></div>
</div>
<div class="clear_both"></div></div>
</div>
<p></p> </div>
Thanks for taking time to help and reply.
EDIT: the new site is not published yet. i can share if there is a way to send you login confidentially.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Hikarioo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313559
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subdomain license?
Hi,
If you see no trace of the categories listing module, it probably means that there are no categories for it to display based on how it has been setup.
That's why I said that you should provide a screenshot of the settings of your listing so that we can see how it has been configured.
Could you provide that ?
Also, if you need to provide an access, you can do so via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure that you include a link to this thread in your message so that we know why you're sending the access
If you see no trace of the categories listing module, it probably means that there are no categories for it to display based on how it has been setup.
That's why I said that you should provide a screenshot of the settings of your listing so that we can see how it has been configured.
Could you provide that ?
Also, if you need to provide an access, you can do so via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure that you include a link to this thread in your message so that we know why you're sending the access
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313679
by Hikarioo
Replied by Hikarioo on topic Subdomain license?
I'm attaching category and product listing. I have a feeling that may not be exactly what you asked for, if that's the case please let me know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313703
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subdomain license?
Hi,
No, I mean:
go in the Joomla modules manager, edit the settings of the module that you're using to display the listing, and provide a screenshot of the settings in the different tabs there, especially the "hikashop options" tab.
No, I mean:
go in the Joomla modules manager, edit the settings of the module that you're using to display the listing, and provide a screenshot of the settings in the different tabs there, especially the "hikashop options" tab.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313704
by Hikarioo
Replied by Hikarioo on topic Subdomain license?
Got it working now thanks to your patient prompts. All good! Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds