- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
Link to product page not working - works now
6 years 7 months ago #315863
by bartuelen
Link to product page not working was created by bartuelen
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
Upgraded from HikaShop Essential 2.1.3 to HikaShop Essential 4.2.2
Website has a page with category listing where the link for product "Vuurspetters" shows:
http://localhost/vulbe_upgr_joomla_hikashop_20200218/creatief/product/show/947-vuurspetters
A SEF url.
Clicking this product link shows the same category page again instead of the selected product page.
When selecting the same product from a bespoke application page the link says:
http://localhost/vulbe_upgr_joomla_hikashop_20200218//index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=947&name=vuurspetters
An unadapted url.
Clicking this link shows the correct product page. That works fine!
So something with re-directs and SEF friendly URLs after upgrade to Hikashop 4.2.2?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
Upgraded from HikaShop Essential 2.1.3 to HikaShop Essential 4.2.2
Website has a page with category listing where the link for product "Vuurspetters" shows:
http://localhost/vulbe_upgr_joomla_hikashop_20200218/creatief/product/show/947-vuurspetters
A SEF url.
Clicking this product link shows the same category page again instead of the selected product page.
When selecting the same product from a bespoke application page the link says:
http://localhost/vulbe_upgr_joomla_hikashop_20200218//index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=947&name=vuurspetters
An unadapted url.
Clicking this link shows the correct product page. That works fine!
So something with re-directs and SEF friendly URLs after upgrade to Hikashop 4.2.2?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315869
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Link to product page not working
Hi,
I suppose that you must have canonical URLs in your products and you must have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration.
However, since the 2.1.3, which improved the construction of SEF URLs to remove the "show" part. And I think that's a combination of these which lead to your situation.
I would recommend to empty your canonical URLs with a mass action via the menu System>Mass actions, or change the "product SEF name" setting of the HikaShop configuration from "product" to "product/show" and it should then work again.
I suppose that you must have canonical URLs in your products and you must have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration.
However, since the 2.1.3, which improved the construction of SEF URLs to remove the "show" part. And I think that's a combination of these which lead to your situation.
I would recommend to empty your canonical URLs with a mass action via the menu System>Mass actions, or change the "product SEF name" setting of the HikaShop configuration from "product" to "product/show" and it should then work again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315968
by bartuelen
Replied by bartuelen on topic Link to product page not working - works now
Hi Nicolas,
After sometime fiddling around with the settings I finally managed to make it work.
I changed the SEF URL setting in Hikashop (see attached screenprint) and emptied the fields product_alias and product_canonical using "Mass actions".
Still have no idea why it didn't work right away after the upgrade to 4.2.2, but it works fine now.
Thanx
After sometime fiddling around with the settings I finally managed to make it work.
I changed the SEF URL setting in Hikashop (see attached screenprint) and emptied the fields product_alias and product_canonical using "Mass actions".
Still have no idea why it didn't work right away after the upgrade to 4.2.2, but it works fine now.
Thanx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds