- Posts: 366
- Thank you received: 26
Shippingmethod without price
6 years 2 months ago #321816
by Thrane
Shippingmethod without price was created by Thrane
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FireFox
Hi
Is it possible in any way to add a shippingmethod that doesm't have a price?
Not like it costs ZERO, but where I can add a short text saying that we will be in contact regarding the price.
Regards
Thomas
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FireFox
Hi
Is it possible in any way to add a shippingmethod that doesm't have a price?
Not like it costs ZERO, but where I can add a short text saying that we will be in contact regarding the price.
Regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 months ago #321822
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shippingmethod without price
Hello Thomas,
Creating a free shipping method with the proper title and description should do the job.
If not, can you give us more information about what you want to achieve ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Creating a free shipping method with the proper title and description should do the job.
Not like it costs ZERO, but where I can add a short text saying that we will be in contact regarding the price.
If not, can you give us more information about what you want to achieve ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321837
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Shippingmethod without price
Thanks, but that solution doesn't quite solve my issue.
It will show up as FREE and I need it to be without any kind of price - just a text that says something like: We will get in contact with you regarding shipping.
This is because the customer I make the shop for, is an artist and all of her paintings have different sizes and the shipping company have different prices each time.
Makes sense?
It will show up as FREE and I need it to be without any kind of price - just a text that says something like: We will get in contact with you regarding shipping.
This is because the customer I make the shop for, is an artist and all of her paintings have different sizes and the shipping company have different prices each time.
Makes sense?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321845
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shippingmethod without price
Hi,
Well, you could always use a translation override to change the text "Free" to something else:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
But if you only have that shipping method and you just want to display a message for it on the checkout, why have a shipping method in the first place ?
You could just disable it, and remove the "shipping" view from your "checkout workflow" and instead add a "text" view where you could write whatever you want regarding the shipping. How about it ?
Well, you could always use a translation override to change the text "Free" to something else:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
But if you only have that shipping method and you just want to display a message for it on the checkout, why have a shipping method in the first place ?
You could just disable it, and remove the "shipping" view from your "checkout workflow" and instead add a "text" view where you could write whatever you want regarding the shipping. How about it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321857
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Shippingmethod without price
Hi
I can't use the translation, since I need it for the normal products in the shop
It's only the paintings that need this type of estimate before shipping.
I have played with the files and CSS and made a solution that works for now.
I have hidden the price (of 0,00) and insert the text in the Display > View
Added a class some I could target only one of the shipping options
Seems to look okay in the emails too, but one thing that would really nice to have, was the option to show the description of a shipping method in the emails?
Kind regards
Thomas
I can't use the translation, since I need it for the normal products in the shop
It's only the paintings that need this type of estimate before shipping.
I have played with the files and CSS and made a solution that works for now.
I have hidden the price (of 0,00) and insert the text in the Display > View
Added a class some I could target only one of the shipping options
Seems to look okay in the emails too, but one thing that would really nice to have, was the option to show the description of a shipping method in the emails?
Kind regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321860
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shippingmethod without price
Hi,
there is indeed no option for that.
However, at the end of the "preload" of the email, you add add such code:
That way, in the HTML section of the email, you can add such tag:
and it will be replaced by the description of the payment method.
there is indeed no option for that.
However, at the end of the "preload" of the email, you add add such code:
Code:
$paymentClass = hikashop_get('class.payment');
$payment = $paymentClass->get($data->cart->order_payment_id);
$vars['PAYMENT_DESCRIPTION'] = $payment->payment_description;
Code:
{VAR:PAYMENT_DESCRIPTION}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321877
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Shippingmethod without price
Thanks
I'll try that, but the code is about payment, not shipping?
I'll try that, but the code is about payment, not shipping?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #321878
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Shippingmethod without price
Tried this, and it works
Code:
$shippingClass = hikashop_get('class.shipping');
$shipping = $shippingClass->get($data->cart->order_shipping_id);
$vars['SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION'] = $shipping->shipping_description;
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321902
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Shippingmethod without price
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #321912
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Shippingmethod without price
I managed to get this fixed by changing some code in the preload-version
Code:
if($shipping->shipping_name == "Fragtmand"){
$shipping_data .= '<br>'. $shipping->shipping_description . '';
}else{
$shipping_data .= ' ('. $currencyHelper->format($price_params->price_with_tax, $data->cart->order_currency_id) . ')<br>' .$shipping->shipping_description ;
}
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds