- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
Products in a specific sub category can't be clicked on added do cart
6 years 1 month ago #323401
by allbs
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 80.0
Hi,
In a specific sub category all products listed if you click on them you get redirected to the main index page.
i try added a new product and same happens.
some of them allow to add to cart but if we open the item we get redirected to index.
all the other categories and sub categories are working fine.
we can't find what's the problem.
any ideals?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 80.0
Hi,
In a specific sub category all products listed if you click on them you get redirected to the main index page.
i try added a new product and same happens.
some of them allow to add to cart but if we open the item we get redirected to index.
all the other categories and sub categories are working fine.
we can't find what's the problem.
any ideals?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323410
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products in a specific sub category can't be clicked on added do cart
Hi,
Your website requires a user account to access it.
So I can't check the situation and thus I'm not sure what is the problem as I need more information to confirm my speculations
However, I think it's probably an issue with the SEF and maybe canonical URLs.
Check if you have the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration and if you do, try to turn it off and then clear your website cache if any.
If the URL to the products details page work after that then it would confirm that it comes from the canonical URLs of the products which are incorrect.
If not, we would need an access to your frontend to check the situation. If you want to provide that privately, you can go through our contact form: www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Your website requires a user account to access it.
So I can't check the situation and thus I'm not sure what is the problem as I need more information to confirm my speculations
However, I think it's probably an issue with the SEF and maybe canonical URLs.
Check if you have the "Force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration and if you do, try to turn it off and then clear your website cache if any.
If the URL to the products details page work after that then it would confirm that it comes from the canonical URLs of the products which are incorrect.
If not, we would need an access to your frontend to check the situation. If you want to provide that privately, you can go through our contact form: www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323415
by allbs
Replied by allbs on topic Products in a specific sub category can't be clicked on added do cart
Hi nicolas, thanks for the reply.
the setting "Force canonical URL's" was disable. i try to enable it and disable but made no difference.
will be sending you the user/pass through the contact form.
thank you
the setting "Force canonical URL's" was disable. i try to enable it and disable but made no difference.
will be sending you the user/pass through the contact form.
thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323427
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products in a specific sub category can't be clicked on added do cart
Hi,
I checked the situation on your frontend and what I can see is that the URLs are correct compared to other products on your website.
AND, there is a 303 redirection to the index.php when you use one of them.
So this makes me think that it might come from a htaccess rule you have on your website which is written in a way which make it match for the URLs of the products in that particular category.
So I would recommend to check your htaccess first and see what you have added to it compared to the default htaccess of Joomla.
I checked the situation on your frontend and what I can see is that the URLs are correct compared to other products on your website.
AND, there is a 303 redirection to the index.php when you use one of them.
So this makes me think that it might come from a htaccess rule you have on your website which is written in a way which make it match for the URLs of the products in that particular category.
So I would recommend to check your htaccess first and see what you have added to it compared to the default htaccess of Joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323452
by allbs
Replied by allbs on topic Products in a specific sub category can't be clicked on added do cart
Hi nicolas,
thanks for the reply,
I have replaced the .htaccess file with the original htaccess.txt file and the problem still continues
Do you have any more suggestions?
the store was to open in the next month and this weird think happen.
thank you.
thanks for the reply,
I have replaced the .htaccess file with the original htaccess.txt file and the problem still continues
Do you have any more suggestions?
the store was to open in the next month and this weird think happen.
thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323455
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products in a specific sub category can't be clicked on added do cart
Hi,
I checked further and I think I know. it's because the alias of the menu item has exactly two words separated by a dash.
In such cases, the system thinks it's a parameter, as SEF parameters are written like this: name-value
I would recommend to change the alias of the menu items with two words to have either one or three words.
I checked further and I think I know. it's because the alias of the menu item has exactly two words separated by a dash.
In such cases, the system thinks it's a parameter, as SEF parameters are written like this: name-value
I would recommend to change the alias of the menu items with two words to have either one or three words.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds