- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Can't install seems related to postgresql
6 years 1 month ago #323515
by tonitch
Can't install seems related to postgresql was created by tonitch
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FireFox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Warning
00000, ,
Error
Error installing component
Hello,
I'm trying to create a shop on joomla...
once I try to install the extension hikashop, I got the above error... this is not really explicit but there is a lot of sql error... do you know a way for me to give them
I'm under postgresql soo It's possible that this is the problem... but if soo, have you any solution to go trough that ? or should I forget about hikashop ?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FireFox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Warning
00000, ,
Error
Error installing component
Hello,
I'm trying to create a shop on joomla...
once I try to install the extension hikashop, I got the above error... this is not really explicit but there is a lot of sql error... do you know a way for me to give them
I'm under postgresql soo It's possible that this is the problem... but if soo, have you any solution to go trough that ? or should I forget about hikashop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323521
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't install seems related to postgresql
Hi,
You'll have to forget about HikaShop if you want to use postgresql as it is not compatible with it, only MySQL / MariaDB.
That's because we use a lot of advanced queries for speed/performances and some of these can't be translated easily on other DB engines. As 99.9% of websites done with Joomla are on MySQL/MariaDB we decided not to support postgresql.
You'll have to forget about HikaShop if you want to use postgresql as it is not compatible with it, only MySQL / MariaDB.
That's because we use a lot of advanced queries for speed/performances and some of these can't be translated easily on other DB engines. As 99.9% of websites done with Joomla are on MySQL/MariaDB we decided not to support postgresql.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds