- Posts: 460
- Thank you received: 19
Hikashop 6.4.0 - Breadcrumbs
- Reincidente
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 months 1 week ago #370801
by Reincidente
Hikashop 6.4.0 - Breadcrumbs was created by Reincidente
Hi Nicolas,
On my staging/test website I’ve installed HikaShop 6.4.0.
In the Full breadcrumb configuration (set to Automatic), the breadcrumb path now shows like this:
Home / Category / Product name: main variant
Is there a reason why it was changed to this format?
From a user point of view, I think it would be more accurate to display:
Home / Category / Product name
The reason is that if a customer selects a different variant in the selector, the breadcrumbs don’t change, and the page still displays the main variant in the breadcrumb trail.
I’m attaching 3 screenshots with an example.
On my staging/test website I’ve installed HikaShop 6.4.0.
In the Full breadcrumb configuration (set to Automatic), the breadcrumb path now shows like this:
Home / Category / Product name: main variant
Is there a reason why it was changed to this format?
From a user point of view, I think it would be more accurate to display:
Home / Category / Product name
The reason is that if a customer selects a different variant in the selector, the breadcrumbs don’t change, and the page still displays the main variant in the breadcrumb trail.
I’m attaching 3 screenshots with an example.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 months 1 week ago #370804
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop 6.4.0 - Breadcrumbs
Hi,
Thank you for the report. This has been fixed. When a product has variants, the breadcrumb was using the default variant's name (which includes the characteristic values appended after a colon) instead of the main product name.
The fix is already available. You can download the updated 6.4.0 package from your member area and install it over your current version.
Thank you for the report. This has been fixed. When a product has variants, the breadcrumb was using the default variant's name (which includes the characteristic values appended after a colon) instead of the main product name.
The fix is already available. You can download the updated 6.4.0 package from your member area and install it over your current version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Reincidente
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 460
- Thank you received: 19
6 months 1 week ago #370806
by Reincidente
Replied by Reincidente on topic Hikashop 6.4.0 - Breadcrumbs
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the quick fix. I’ve downloaded the updated 6.4.0 package from the member area and installed it over my current version.
I also cleared all caches (Joomla cache and server/hosting cache), but the breadcrumb still shows the default variant name, e.g.:
Home / Category / Product name: main variant
Could you please advise what else I should check, or if there is another patch/build I should install? If needed, I can send you the product URL and new screenshots.
Thanks.
Thanks for the quick fix. I’ve downloaded the updated 6.4.0 package from the member area and installed it over my current version.
I also cleared all caches (Joomla cache and server/hosting cache), but the breadcrumb still shows the default variant name, e.g.:
Home / Category / Product name: main variant
Could you please advise what else I should check, or if there is another patch/build I should install? If needed, I can send you the product URL and new screenshots.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 months 1 week ago #370807
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop 6.4.0 - Breadcrumbs
Hi,
I think I had forgotten something with the previous patch. I've made another one. Please try again.
I think I had forgotten something with the previous patch. I've made another one. Please try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Reincidente
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 460
- Thank you received: 19
6 months 1 week ago #370808
by Reincidente
Replied by Reincidente on topic Hikashop 6.4.0 - Breadcrumbs
It works ok.
Thanks so much.
Thanks so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds