- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics and Product Images Problem
14 years 2 weeks ago #65137
by Pit Pony
Characteristics and Product Images Problem was created by Pit Pony
Hi
I am testing the latest hikashop update on a dummy of my site before applying it to the live site...
Where I have a Product where a user can select different characteristic (eg the length of a fence post: 1.2m, 1.5m, 1.8m) I am getting duplication of the products image below the product description.
If a Product has four characteristic options I will get four duplicates of the Product image in a vertical list
I am testing the latest hikashop update on a dummy of my site before applying it to the live site...
Where I have a Product where a user can select different characteristic (eg the length of a fence post: 1.2m, 1.5m, 1.8m) I am getting duplication of the products image below the product description.
If a Product has four characteristic options I will get four duplicates of the Product image in a vertical list
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 2 weeks ago #65144
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
Hi,
Can you send me screenshots of this and the link of your website ?
Can you send me screenshots of this and the link of your website ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65157
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
The link to a product on the live website
www.tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-...ory_pathway-101.html
Attached a screenshot of the same page on a wampserver after the latest hikashop date
www.tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-...ory_pathway-101.html
Attached a screenshot of the same page on a wampserver after the latest hikashop date
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65300
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
Hi,
The link you provided doesn't work. Could you double check the URL please ?
The link you provided doesn't work. Could you double check the URL please ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #65311
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-system/staplelok-fencing-components-and-parts/product/554-staplelok-system-fencing-post.html
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Pit Pony.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65511
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
Hi,
I checked that page but I don't see any image duplication below the main image.
Can you do a screenshot of what you see ?
Did you try with another browser ?
I checked that page but I don't see any image duplication below the main image.
Can you do a screenshot of what you see ?
Did you try with another browser ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #65900
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
The link I sent would not show errors as I did not want to upload the latest version of hikashop onto the live site until I had found a solution...
In a previous posting I sent a screenshot of the errors that occur when I tested hikashop 1.6 on a local version of wampserver...
I have now updated the live site to hikashop 1.6, so if you try the link again you will see the problem...
tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-system/staplelok-fencing-components-and-parts/product/554-staplelok-system-fencing-post.html
Thanks
In a previous posting I sent a screenshot of the errors that occur when I tested hikashop 1.6 on a local version of wampserver...
I have now updated the live site to hikashop 1.6, so if you try the link again you will see the problem...
tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-system/staplelok-fencing-components-and-parts/product/554-staplelok-system-fencing-post.html
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #66013
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
It seems to come from the fact that you had overrode the file show or the file show_block_img of the view product via the menu Display->Views so you didn't get the new modifications for these views.
You should try to remove these modifications via the menu Display>Views and reapply them on the new version of the view file.
You should try to remove these modifications via the menu Display>Views and reapply them on the new version of the view file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #66105
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
Hi
Have now sorted image duplication...
but in doing so I can foresee a problem as hikashop develops new features...
I have overrode many views in my site, these views are obviously protected from being over written in an update...
If a new feature is added to a view file in an update that has previously been overrode, I will not be able to see the new feature until I have reapplied my modifications to the new version of the view file ...
I apologies if I have overlooked it, but is a list of altered views and associated new features published at the time of each upgrade...
Thanks
Have now sorted image duplication...
I have overrode many views in my site, these views are obviously protected from being over written in an update...
If a new feature is added to a view file in an update that has previously been overrode, I will not be able to see the new feature until I have reapplied my modifications to the new version of the view file ...
I apologies if I have overlooked it, but is a list of altered views and associated new features published at the time of each upgrade...
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #66361
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Characteristics and Product Images Problem
There is no such list.
For such big update as we did with the 1.5.9-1.6.0, almost all the views on the front end have been changed in some way.
Usually, we try to keep backward compatibility, so you don't have problems when you update, even though you don't get the new features.
With the badges feature, we had to modify the images display in a way which couldn't be backward compatible, thus the problem you had.
For such big update as we did with the 1.5.9-1.6.0, almost all the views on the front end have been changed in some way.
Usually, we try to keep backward compatibility, so you don't have problems when you update, even though you don't get the new features.
With the badges feature, we had to modify the images display in a way which couldn't be backward compatible, thus the problem you had.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds