- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help needed to get product in alphabetical order.
13 years 1 month ago #119409
by peterfc
Help needed to get product in alphabetical order. was created by peterfc
www.iberianspices.com/administrator/inde...ikashop&ctrl=product
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x Can't find this
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox v23
Hi
I recently added more products to my product list. As my product is in alphabetical order it took me many hours to move thing up the list. Is there a way i can add product instead of moving them one at a time.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x Can't find this
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox v23
Hi
I recently added more products to my product list. As my product is in alphabetical order it took me many hours to move thing up the list. Is there a way i can add product instead of moving them one at a time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119415
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Help needed to get product in alphabetical order.
Hi,
Go in the menu display>Content modules/menus edit your product listing menus/modules and change the ordering column to "product_name" instead of "ordering" and the products will be ordered by name on the frontend instead of basing the ordering on the ordering number you entered.
Go in the menu display>Content modules/menus edit your product listing menus/modules and change the ordering column to "product_name" instead of "ordering" and the products will be ordered by name on the frontend instead of basing the ordering on the ordering number you entered.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 days ago #125295
by piggybank
Replied by piggybank on topic Help needed to get product in alphabetical order.
I am trying to get products to display in alphabetical order and it's not working for me.
I've set the order to be "product_name" in Display | Content Menus | Product Listing.
I' ve set the order to be "product_name" in Configuration | Default Parameters for Products
I've checked cache and have refreshed my pages...still not showing in alphabetical order.
piggybankwebhosting.com/~nascentn/store/...17-carrier-oils.html
Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
I've set the order to be "product_name" in Display | Content Menus | Product Listing.
I' ve set the order to be "product_name" in Configuration | Default Parameters for Products
I've checked cache and have refreshed my pages...still not showing in alphabetical order.
piggybankwebhosting.com/~nascentn/store/...17-carrier-oils.html
Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 days ago #125303
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Help needed to get product in alphabetical order.
I didn't say that you should edit the menu called "product listing" but that you should edit your products listing.
On that page, the products listing is displayed by the module with the id 143. Please edit it via the menu Display>Content modules and change the option there and you will see the products ordered like you want.
On that page, the products listing is displayed by the module with the id 143. Please edit it via the menu Display>Content modules and change the option there and you will see the products ordered like you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 days ago #125375
by piggybank
Replied by piggybank on topic Help needed to get product in alphabetical order.
That's got it...thanks! I had skipped over that one because it was showing as unpublished but I guess it still does have influence.
Scott
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds