- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Category Image not displaying
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.15
Hi, hopefully this is a simple question - just cant work it out for the life of me :blink:
I have a shop category module that when a category is selected and the related category products page is displayed, the category image is not displayed?
I have a test site at home where this working as expected and I have checked every setting I can think of on the public site (which all match) but no category images will display.
Inspecting the webpage objects using chrome - I can see a DIV "hikashop_category_information_menu_204" on my test site but there is no similar DIV at all on the public site - but I cant see why??
Help please !!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can see that div on your page. To display the current category image on that page, you need to go in the menu Display>Content menus, edit your menu (with the id 204) and turn on the "show image" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I would thus recommend instead that module from which comes that link is configured to point to a valid menu item. You can do that by editing your module via the menu Display>Content modules and changing the "menu" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
My site references the Joomla menu (Shop) - which works fine on my test site?
Sorry, I still don't understand - are you talking about the Module "Associated products listing for category listing menu 204" ?
Or the Category module that is clicked to show the products for that category (which currently points to the Joomla 'Shop' menu)?
I didn't need to do anything on my test site - just add an image to the category and it appeared - you'll see the same for all the categories on my live site (the coming soon image doesn't display either)
Thanks,
Damian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you need to edit the module of your right (id 245) via the menu Display>Content modules and change the "menu" option to a valid categories listing menu item.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
It's set to my Joomla menu (Shop) as per my test site - is that not a valid menu?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Actually the menu that is selected is not valid and because of that; Joomla doesn't find it to create the URLs and that's also why you don't see it in the menu Display>Content menus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
I then set my categories content module (ID:245) to Menu = MainCetegoriesMenu and now I get a 404 not found error?
What have I done wrong now?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As the alias of the menu is MainCategoriesMenu, that string should be at the beginning of the URL of the links of your categories module of the right (it's actually handled automatically by the SEF system of Joomla).
As it is not the case, it's probably why it doesn't work.
Can you make sure that you turn off/clear all the caching of your website as to make sure that it doesn't come from that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- damianhartin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can access this listing from the menu Extension > Plugin manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.