Skip to main content

Post hidden products

More
13 years 1 month ago #121391 by beck
Post hidden products was created by beck
Hello:

We would like to make our product listings searchable only (we have more than a 2000 products). Would that be possible, if yes, can you please suggest a way to achieve this? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121394 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Post hidden products
Hi,

You can, not make a product listing menu and use the Joomla search module with the HikaShop product search plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121397 by beck
Replied by beck on topic Post hidden products
Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I understood you, I can`t post hidden products and make them searchable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121398 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Post hidden products
Hi,

You can create products in unpublished categories if you want them to be "hidden".
But it depends of what you call "searchable".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121412 by beck
Replied by beck on topic Post hidden products
Hi,
By searchable I mean we want our customers to be able to find the product using keywords. I tried your suggestion, created unpublished categories and products - unfortunately, Joomla search can`t find these products.

Our goal is for our customer to find the products (possibly through search option), but we don`t want the products to be displayed on the front end. Is this achievable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121432 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Post hidden products
Hi,

First, I didn't say that you have to unpublished the product. I said you have to put your product in an unpublished category. It's different.

Like I said in my first post, if you don't use "product listing" your won't display products at all. So even if your categories are visible or not, you will be able to search them. If you don't display listing, you don't "display" products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum