- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 4
Windows 8 SideSelection Links
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #122261
by bluewave
Windows 8 SideSelection Links was created by bluewave
I wanted to post this to draw attention to this "issue" and to see if there are proposed codes to implement to counteract this.
I have hikashop and functioning. On Windows 8 / Internet Explorer, after I click on one of my products, a popup enables that states
"sideslection links". You can run mouse over it and it expands. What happens is this is a popup for OTHER products!!!
now, if someone has popups disabled, this will not happen. But if they do not, they will be redirected through advertisement and Windows 8 setup to possibly other purchase points.
This is terrible. I hope there is acounter action hikashop can create. My fear is that nothing can be done about this.
btw: The advertisement box hovered right over my code and popped in between a picture and thumbnail.
(if for some reason this is a strange hikashop selection, please let me know how to turn it off!!)
Beffuddled!!
update: appears these may be BING content ads. here is some info on this. If this is correct, and I have this right, I urge Hikashop developers to create code that BLOCKS these content ads!!!
advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/he...how-content-ads-work
I have hikashop and functioning. On Windows 8 / Internet Explorer, after I click on one of my products, a popup enables that states
"sideslection links". You can run mouse over it and it expands. What happens is this is a popup for OTHER products!!!
now, if someone has popups disabled, this will not happen. But if they do not, they will be redirected through advertisement and Windows 8 setup to possibly other purchase points.
This is terrible. I hope there is acounter action hikashop can create. My fear is that nothing can be done about this.
btw: The advertisement box hovered right over my code and popped in between a picture and thumbnail.
(if for some reason this is a strange hikashop selection, please let me know how to turn it off!!)
Beffuddled!!
update: appears these may be BING content ads. here is some info on this. If this is correct, and I have this right, I urge Hikashop developers to create code that BLOCKS these content ads!!!
advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/he...how-content-ads-work
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by bluewave.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122296
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Windows 8 SideSelection Links
Hi,
It has any link with HikaShop.
No coming from our component.
Regards,
It has any link with HikaShop.
No coming from our component.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds