- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
Category "Description" is not displayed
13 years 3 weeks ago #122309
by David54
Category "Description" is not displayed was created by David54
Hi
Even though I enter text (etc.) into the description section of a Category, it does not display on the website. According to the HikaShop documentation, specifically:
www.hikashop.com/support/2013-08-08-00-1...end.html#description
there is supposed to be a simple switch to set this on/off. The problem is, I don't see anything like this in my version of HikaShop (Starter 2.0.0). Can I get the description displayed (just like it does in the HikaShop Documentation) in my version or do I need to upgrade, and if so what to?
Supporting info:
-- url of the page with the problem -- : All. For example: www.angelticklewand.co.uk/index.php/hika...0-knitted-characters
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter: 2.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : TBC
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : many (Chrome, IE, Safari)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Even though I enter text (etc.) into the description section of a Category, it does not display on the website. According to the HikaShop documentation, specifically:
www.hikashop.com/support/2013-08-08-00-1...end.html#description
there is supposed to be a simple switch to set this on/off. The problem is, I don't see anything like this in my version of HikaShop (Starter 2.0.0). Can I get the description displayed (just like it does in the HikaShop Documentation) in my version or do I need to upgrade, and if so what to?
Supporting info:
-- url of the page with the problem -- : All. For example: www.angelticklewand.co.uk/index.php/hika...0-knitted-characters
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter: 2.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : TBC
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : many (Chrome, IE, Safari)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 3 weeks ago #122314
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category "Description" is not displayed
Hi,
I think that you'll just have to edit your content menu which have the ID number 104 through "Hikashop->Display->Content menu", and set the "Show description" option to YES.
I think that you'll just have to edit your content menu which have the ID number 104 through "Hikashop->Display->Content menu", and set the "Show description" option to YES.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David54
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122316
by David54
Replied by David54 on topic Category "Description" is not displayed
Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked and that setting was already "Yes" as per the attached screenshot.
HOWEVER, based on your reply I set "Show description" to "No" and applied it, and then set it back to "Yes" and applied it. That seemed to do the trick. Bizarre!
Just out of curiosity, do you know what version of HikaShop the online documentation is based on, please?
Thanks again.
HOWEVER, based on your reply I set "Show description" to "No" and applied it, and then set it back to "Yes" and applied it. That seemed to do the trick. Bizarre!
Just out of curiosity, do you know what version of HikaShop the online documentation is based on, please?
Thanks again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122317
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Category "Description" is not displayed
It's based on the latest version on Joomla 3.x. You're using Joomla 2.5 so you're not seeing the new interface we made for HikaShop for Joomla 3.x
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds