- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 2
Display module in category but not on product page
13 years 1 week ago #125211
by mgainey
Display module in category but not on product page was created by mgainey
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
infinitygadgets.com/mainsite
-- HikaShop version -- : ?? june 2013
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
I want to get a module to display in the category listings pages but not on the category page, the module I don't want on the actual product page is 'latest products' module.
So basically this is not visible on the product page and only on the product listing page, I can only select which menu pages to display the module and not the sub-pages (actual products) any way to do this?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : ?? june 2013
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
I want to get a module to display in the category listings pages but not on the category page, the module I don't want on the actual product page is 'latest products' module.
So basically this is not visible on the product page and only on the product listing page, I can only select which menu pages to display the module and not the sub-pages (actual products) any way to do this?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #125260
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Display module in category but not on product page
Hi,
I don't understand what you call "category page" or "sub pages". There is no sub pages in HikaShop or in Joomla, it's menus.
You have to split the content is two different menus if you want to configure it like you want.
You can also use an external component like "advance module manager".
Regards,
I don't understand what you call "category page" or "sub pages". There is no sub pages in HikaShop or in Joomla, it's menus.
You have to split the content is two different menus if you want to configure it like you want.
You can also use an external component like "advance module manager".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #125358
by mgainey
Replied by mgainey on topic Display module in category but not on product page
I have managed to solve the issue. One of the joomla modules I had assigned to the main menu pages (that took you to the shop categories) then showed the module on the product category listing . By installing advanced module manager and adding the following code to the URL's to stop showing the module I was able to stop the module showing any further than the product category and not on the actual product page:
Program: Advanced module manager (free version)
index.php/"menu-page-name"/product
I done this for each product category/menu item and all is great... Just thought i'd update incase any one esle wanted to achieve this.
Program: Advanced module manager (free version)
index.php/"menu-page-name"/product
I done this for each product category/menu item and all is great... Just thought i'd update incase any one esle wanted to achieve this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #125482
by Lutz
Replied by Lutz on topic Display module in category but not on product page
Hi mgainey,
I have installed the Advanced module manager.
Where do you added : index.php/"menu-page-name"/product ?
Thank you
Lutz
I have installed the Advanced module manager.
Where do you added : index.php/"menu-page-name"/product ?
Thank you
Lutz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #125483
by Lutz
Replied by Lutz on topic Display module in category but not on product page
Hi mgainey,
I've got it. It works.
You have added it to the URL includig/ excluding section.
Thank you for the idea.
Lutz
I've got it. It works.
You have added it to the URL includig/ excluding section.
Thank you for the idea.
Lutz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209481
by DoraK
Replied by DoraK on topic Display module in category but not on product page
Hi,
I have created a featured product carousel module which I want to display in a products listing page here: www.iartunique.com/index.php/artists but not into the products page like this one: www.iartunique.com/index.php/artists/pro.../26-vincent-van-gogh
As you can see, the contents of the module are stript off on the listing page (pay attention that the module appears, you can see the heading).
Can you advice me please?
Regards,
Dora
I have created a featured product carousel module which I want to display in a products listing page here: www.iartunique.com/index.php/artists but not into the products page like this one: www.iartunique.com/index.php/artists/pro.../26-vincent-van-gogh
As you can see, the contents of the module are stript off on the listing page (pay attention that the module appears, you can see the heading).
Can you advice me please?
Regards,
Dora
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209491
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display module in category but not on product page
Hi,
I suppose that the issue comes from the way your module is configured.
We would need that you provide a screenshot of the settings of your module that you can find when you edit it via the menu Display>Content modules in order to give a more precise answer.
I suppose that the issue comes from the way your module is configured.
We would need that you provide a screenshot of the settings of your module that you can find when you edit it via the menu Display>Content modules in order to give a more precise answer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209535
by DoraK
Replied by DoraK on topic Display module in category but not on product page
Hi Nicolas,
I found out what was causing this... I had enabled the "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" option. I disabled it and now is ok. Thanks for the hint.
Regards,
Dora
I found out what was causing this... I had enabled the "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" option. I disabled it and now is ok. Thanks for the hint.
Regards,
Dora
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds