- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 7
Product not loading with more than 2 Characteristi
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter: 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : IE 9 (tried multiple browers all do the same thing)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Main page for product testing: coffeeflavorings.com/products.html
Issue is strange, if I add more than 2 Characteristics to a single product I get the error message below:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/dwmenace/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on line 1516
I check that file above for what's on line 1516 and it's: foreach($element->variants as $k => $variant){
Any ideas to why this is happening?
Thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you tell me how many variant do your have for your "gourmet flavor station" product ? or how many values do your have for each characteristics of your product ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You can't have more than a few hundred of variants for a product.
If you need to much variants, you should consider using instead options:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
or custom fields of the table "item":
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...p-field-listing.html
instead of characteristics (or a combination)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure what variants are but I don't see how I would have 529 of anything.
It's 1 product with 3 characteristics containing 23 values
so the total would be 69
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Characteristics require a lot of memory/processing as it creates a variant of the product for each combination of the values of the characteristics and once the server hit the limit, it stops the processing. In your case it will create 23*23*23 = 12167 variants for your product.
If you have so much choices, you probably don't want a variant for each combination and thus you probably want to use something else like options or custom item fields which do not generate variants of each combinations and thus won't have that issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just purchased the Hikashop business
and I for some reason just can't figure out how to add custom item fields to products.
I checked your link but it doesn't work.
I went to coffeeflavorings.com/administrator/index..._hikashop&ctrl=field
and added a table as item and for a dropdown
but how do I make it show up under the product?
There is nothing there to join the 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You should put a "value" (like 1/2/3/....) for your single dropdown values, and then save.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.