- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Seperate products or use characteristics?
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #128523
by Marsbrook
Seperate products or use characteristics? was created by Marsbrook
I'd like to ask for some advice please. The site I am working on is for an artist who sells:
The same picture is for sale as both the one off original piece as well as in print format. Should I list these as two different products but link them, or as one product and use characteristics to allow a shopper to choose between them?
Many thanks
Richard
- original artwork
- prints of the originals
The same picture is for sale as both the one off original piece as well as in print format. Should I list these as two different products but link them, or as one product and use characteristics to allow a shopper to choose between them?
Many thanks
Richard
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Marsbrook.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 11 months ago #128530
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Seperate products or use characteristics?
Hi Richard,
Both solution can be good, but I think that the best will be to use a characteristic so that your customers can easily find and select what type of artwork he wants (original or not).
Both solution can be good, but I think that the best will be to use a characteristic so that your customers can easily find and select what type of artwork he wants (original or not).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #128535
by Marsbrook
Replied by Marsbrook on topic Seperate products or use characteristics?
Thanks Mohamed - I think part of my problem is that I don't really understand characteristics! If I set it Product 1 using characteristics such that their is one Original and Unlimited prints, can I display Product 1 in two different categories - Originals and Prints?
My concern is that when people arrive at the site, even if their budget is low I want them to be immediately aware that prints (i.e. a cheaper option) are available for them to browse through.
My concern is that when people arrive at the site, even if their budget is low I want them to be immediately aware that prints (i.e. a cheaper option) are available for them to browse through.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 11 months ago #128550
by Mohamed Thelji
Ok, sure you'll be able to add both Originals and Prints categories through the "category" tab of your product configuration page your product, so that your product will be available through both categories.
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Seperate products or use characteristics?
My concern is that when people arrive at the site, even if their budget is low I want them to be immediately aware that prints (i.e. a cheaper option) are available for them to browse through.
Ok, sure you'll be able to add both Originals and Prints categories through the "category" tab of your product configuration page your product, so that your product will be available through both categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds